Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to utv and new to belt-drive transmission.
I just got my 09 Monster Teryx and I dont even know how to check the belt or what to do if it is too lose.
I love the engine brake but is there a way to switch the engine brake on or off when I need it?
Does the engine brake wear the belt more?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was just wondering because when going down hill @ 3% or so grade and rough and rocky I cant seam to keep a steady throttle and it makes it jerk around alot.
What I was thinking is if the brake is controlled by power then maybe a toggle switch to cut the power on the brake so I can let it roll through these areas.
If that is not possable I will leve it like it is I LOVE the engine brake on this Teryx because in the appalachian mountains the trails are very long and steep.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The electric brake only comes into play undo 5mph so you will still have engine braking if you unplug it.
Thanks alot. As you can tell I know very little about these things. I guess I will just have to learn how to drive.
I saw your website and plan on ordering some things from you. Does your clutch system have the engine brake? I would like to keep the engine brake on my teryx and steal be able to up the speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The electric brake only comes into play undo 5mph so you will still have engine braking if you unplug it.
Thanks alot. As you can tell I know very little about these things. I guess I will just have to learn how to drive.
I saw your website and plan on ordering some things from you. Does your clutch system have the engine brake? I would like to keep the engine brake on my teryx and steal be able to up the speed.
Thanks again for all the help to me and all the others on here and I will order from you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So you can just unplug it without causing any harm, Obviously tapping up the ends to keep dirt out of the connections, but I hate the electric brake. when im riding in gravel pits and going off steep dropp offs it jerks all the way to the bottom unlees I give it some gas, but then you get going too fast. just the engine brake would be fine for me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I also wish there was a way to switch it on and off, currently it is unplugged but for the nasty downhills I do frequently I would like to have it. I will probably hook it back up but a switch would be
ideal for me as I ride hilly areas. That's why I'm holding off on the Dalton OD plate since u have to eliminate it, correct? Another? , does it work in reverse?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I also wish there was a way to switch it on and off, currently it is unplugged but for the nasty downhills I do frequently I would like to have it. I will probably hook it back up but a switch would be
ideal for me as I ride hilly areas. That's why I'm holding off on the Dalton OD plate since u have to eliminate it, correct? Another? , does it work in reverse?
We have a billet one with the bearing so you lose nothing.

In reverse, never thought about it. I really don't know.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does the billet one have the cooling blades like the Dalton?, how much shipped to 16159, plus I would like to get your msd map for stock with std muzzys. I will test in reverse and post, was thinking would be nice if you didn't make a hill climb and had to back down, hasn't happened to me yet but only a matter of time

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine does not seem to work in reverse, i never thought about that untill you said somthing but now i remember flying backwards down a hill that i did not make to the top. Wait, unless I was going faster than 5mph it wouldnt of worked anyway.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Does the billet one have the cooling blades like the Dalton?, how much shipped to 16159, plus I would like to get your msd map for stock with std muzzys. I will test in reverse and post, was thinking would be nice if you didn't make a hill climb and had to back down, hasn't happened to me yet but only a matter of time
IT does have cooling blades and if that zip is in lower 48 states it ships free for $165

·
Registered
9 Posts
No what your talking about is a carry over from the Brute. The brute has a actual switch in the CVT the belt trips and that CDI bypasses that.

Some people have copied and pasted that info on the Teryx CDI.

Todd

So i buy the CDI and still disconnect the motor brake module?

And this has no negative affect?

If so.......i'm ready to buy........ (just needed it spelled out for me).

PM me if you want phone or purchased from your website.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts