Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I will be putting my engine back in my teryx this week. Any tips for a smooth installation? Also I have my clutches off. Is there anything to check after i reinstall them?

On another note: The motor is an FST 840 with Stage III cams. Everything else is stock. Is the stock jetting going to be ok? I dont have a Fuel/Air Meter or extra jets.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
You need the following if you don't have it.

Aftermarket CDI
Exhaust (muzzy is best in my opinion)
Jet kit and intake mod

My experience with a FST kit is a crazy big difference in jets for front to rear. I have heard there is a scavenging difference in the plenum causing it but have not see that with any other brand kit. I have installed all of them. DASA, Fundy, AMR, and Big Kevs and the jetting on any of those kits didn't need jets no more than 5 points apart. But again I don't have much experience with FST kits either, could be the cam profiles and the scavenging. Like I said I don't have that mush experience with a FST kit.

You really need a air/fuel ratio gauge to get it right. Without this, your just gonna be guessing and this engine cost too much to guess on.

Highly recommend you don't add a aftermarket intake, use the stock one with some kind of slight mod to let a little bit more air in but don't leave it open or without the lid

Clutch kit set up right preferably a Dalton kit

If you venture very far away from this recipe you are wasting time and money and will end up with less than ideal results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts