Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there running an EPI clutch kit? My bike is still stock bore and I'm only running 28's and I just want more bottom end without losing much top end. I know vfj seems to be the way to go, but I notice alot of folks who rave about the vfj are running 30" or larger tires and usually have engine work done also. Just looking for some opinions on the EPI clutch on a more moderately modified Teryx.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi
I just put the epi clutch in my friends 08 Teryx and he really likes it. He has 27" tires and cdi. Lots of low end and less belt slippage. I also did mine but has stock tires and cdi with exhaust tip and carb jetting. Runs really good and I don't think I am changing anything more until it wears out.:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi, I am a newbie on this thread but been trolling for two years and finaly joined.I have an 08 "slightly modified" with an EPI. Was satisfied until I wanted more performance. Kind of like a drug addict , once you start you just cant stop. Anyway I love the stall on low-end but it really dies at mid-range until it fully shifts out. Just my opinion I would go with Vjohns clutch kit $229 if you havent purchased the EPI already. Look you are going to eventually change something so go with something that is waaay better and adjustable.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes Todd, Dalton kits are good too. My friend with a 09 runs it. But it is more expensive than Vjohns and both are adjustable. I would not change a Dalton for a Vjohns but if I had a stocker or EPI I would have to go with Vjohn on price alone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
v john would be cheaper than dalton,both have adjustabality,epi would be fine with your setup but you have no adjustment for larger tires or later mods.i have a dalton but prob would went with vjohn if i had done more research. vjohn my 2 cents good luck

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just my humble opinion..... I think the weights and springs make all the difference. I think the machining helps top end. Personally I barely ever get over 56mph in my teryx. ( just to get to one trail head to the other ) So I would just do the overdrive mod " shimming the primary cover " and save some mula .. But , if you like top end and you want to squeeze every last bit out go with the machining. It really all depends on how and where you ride. This will effect how you will spend your money on upgrades. Some people want looks,some ride comfort ,and some like me want POWER first then figure out whats next. But seriously, I like power because I like climbing the biggest knarley hill I can find. My upgrades focus on power otherwise mine is stock besides winch , sterio system,and tires&rims.Sorry for rambling :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts