Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased my teryx last week and was just wondering if anyone else has a lot of heat coming out around the driver seat. just wanting to know if this is normal or just mine. thanks for any info

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, its pretty warm especially when new. They say that lessens with about 30 hours on th clock. If you have the LE model raise your windshield about 6" and you will get more air in the cab and you won't notice the heat as much.
it is an LE. i will try the windshield thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I now have about 500 miles ( Secondary road miles ) on my Teryx and have had to raise my half windshield up about 6-8 inches and also I stuff my rain jacket in behind my seat. I think someone should come up with a air deflector that come out from under the windshield and would scoop some of the hot air out of the cockpit. I have been staying pretty cool with what I have been doing but the half windshield looks funny that far up. Mostly we ride the back roads and at 35 mph or so the air is deflected quite nicely. At slower rock climbing or trail riding speeds it might not escape as good. Also, I stuff a shirt in tight to the right side of the seat , to keep that area cooler. Hopefully none of this stuff will catch fire, it hasn't yet.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got 30+ hours on mine. I raise the windshield...help some, but did not like the vibration in the windshield. I ended up taking it off, and now it seems manageable.

I was going to wrap the headers but now, I think I won't bother with it....and I'm riding with it 90+ temps now, using it daily in ranch work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree that someone should come up with some kind of shielding for this problem.
i also have been shoving a big towel beside and behind the seat to make it more bearable

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine was really hot until I removed the windshield. I took the windshield and the gun boots (NRA Model) off and now it is very cool, even when riding at slow speeds. When hunting season gets here and it cools off, I will put the windshield back on and maybe it will supply some heat to the cab to keep me warm in the mornings.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I too have removed the windshield - worthless POS. I now ride in comfort on these 90+ days. Speaking of shoving shirts and towels down the sides, I would not suggest this, only asking for a fire. By experience, I can tell you the teryx burns REALLY fast with all its' plastic enclosures, thankfully when mine caught fire, I was 200 feet from the dog water bowl! Kinda funny sight, flying down the road on fire though. Still had a bit of damage, yes I NOW have an extinguisher on board.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fire estinguisher is a good idea, I will do that today I think. Where did you put it ? I put a can of fix-a-flat in the glovebox. Will that stuff ruin a tire after use? I would hate to use it unless it was an emergency. You just never know when a tire might go down. How do some of you all tackle a flat?? I suppose some have a spare tire, I do not have one on board. Hence, Fix-a -flat.....Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
tire slime

Get a can of tire slime from any walmart or atv store. Put it under the seat and when you get a flat just put it in the tire air it up and hole is sealed. According to the bottle it will fix up to 1/2 punchers in tires. I had a quad that I run this stuff in and flattend a rim 13 miles from the truck. The slime sealed the tire good enough to let me keep 3 pounds of air in the tire and make it back to the truck. I love this stuff.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I too have removed the windshield - worthless POS. I now ride in comfort on these 90+ days. Speaking of shoving shirts and towels down the sides, I would not suggest this, only asking for a fire. By experience, I can tell you the teryx burns REALLY fast with all its' plastic enclosures, thankfully when mine caught fire, I was 200 feet from the dog water bowl! Kinda funny sight, flying down the road on fire though. Still had a bit of damage, yes I NOW have an extinguisher on board.
Fire??????? what caused that? Related to the recall? (which I have not done)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Back to the excessive heat issue. I was thinking about installing a reverseable fan where the intake for the belt is in the cab. It will keep you cool in summer and in winter you can reverse it to keep you warm. There is a picture on this site.

Yamaha Rhino Performance Parts and Accessories, Polaris Ranger, Arctic Cat Prowler, Truck Performance and UTV Parts

Go to Yamaha Rhion, then to Yamaha Electrical Accessories and it is the last item on the page. Of course I would built my own versus spending the $140.00.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Fire was related to a towel that was shoved down the side of seat. It blew up and under and of course right on exhaust, actually I had forgotten the towel was there. Fire extinguisher now is mounted on roll bar above my passengers’ side.
Personally, I can’t see the use for the windshield - besides the obvious, and as others have said it solves the heat problem when removed. I would think that enough Teryx owners have made that quite clear by now. It really dropped the temperature at least 20 degrees on my ride…..At least.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was riding today in 95 degree heat....and actually thought, this is not near as hot as it once was. A lot of it is the windshield, mine is off. But now at 38 hours, I think the motor just needs a little time also.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am looking into Dynamatting and Wrapping the exhaust on mine, Don't see where it would hurt anything

1 - 18 of 18 Posts