Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a great weekend at Muddi Gras which included my trying to be the first one to go through the canal long ways, I lost my muffler somewhere in that canal. So now I have to replace it.

My question is what's the best bang for my buck? I'd like to keep it under $400 and even maybe just get something that will bolt on to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
318 Posts
there has been found no performance gains by adding a slip on muffler, just sounds different, but it WILL cost u $400, u may be further ahead to buy a stock muffler and put aftermarket tip on it, but couple hundred more bucks and u can have muzzy full exhaust and u will see very noticible gains plus it sounds sweet. Spending $ on a slip on muffler is a waste IMHO. Lots of ppl have stock mufflers layin around, ill sell mine for $25 + shipping

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd do some asking around for a used Muzzy. The stock pipes are a horrible design. Installing any kind of can to the head pipes will add nothing. I imagine $400 would get you pretty close on the used Muzzy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eez i'll buy that stock one off you for now if you don't mind. it'd save me some money until i can save up for a Muzzy or something. Just tell me how much shipping would be to south fl (33467).

Do those whisper cores take away from the performance of the Muzzy? My thing is I don't want it to be too much louder than stock because i also use it around the neighborhood and our horses and stuff.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
They are right on, slips ons will gain about 2-3 hp the same thing you will gain by putting an after market tip on in place of stock, my friend bought a gibson slip on and it did nothing for performance and sounded terrible, he rode mine with Muzzy and ordered his the next day, like DBP said I have seen used Muzzys sell for 400.00 most sell for 500.00, it is the single best bolt on you can do for your Teryx, just ask around for anyone that has put a slip on and gained any noticeable hp.

·
Registered
318 Posts
eez i'll buy that stock one off you for now if you don't mind. it'd save me some money until i can save up for a Muzzy or something. Just tell me how much shipping would be to south fl (33467).

Do those whisper cores take away from the performance of the Muzzy? My thing is I don't want it to be too much louder than stock because i also use it around the neighborhood and our horses and stuff.
the whisper cores only take little away but are quieter than stock i think,if not real close, even the quiet cores arent super loud, i have them and love them, only takes 2 mins to switch whisper cores out, ill check on shipping tomorrow if i get a chance, u just want the can right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll go that route when I save up some money.

Yeah all that came off was the can and the clamps.

Thanks eez I appreciate it man, just let me know how you want me to send the money your way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts