Teryx HQ banner

Exhaust Idea

30K views 110 replies 20 participants last post by  DASARACING 
#1 ·
Ok, so I have an idea on an exhaust for the Teryx.

First off no offense to the Manufacturers or resellers on this site, but $800-900 for an exhaust is............can't think of the right word. I also see that the slip-on's add nothing but sound aka noise.

What would be the negatives of an aftermarket header kit to add the performance, and then fabbing that up with an automotive style muffler, and a really cool tip?

Benefits:
Sub $300-350
Significantly quieter than aftermarket full kit
It would look sweet
It would be a good option for those of us that can afford a std bore or big-bore and want the added HP, but not the sound.

Negatives:
Will be bashed by the "Muzzy" owners
Will be bashed by the resellers
Still $300-350 for 2-4 HP
Results not guaranteed

Thoughts, bashing and opinions welcome and expected :wave:

Thanks,

See less See more
#2 ·
No bashing, but here you go ...... Making equal length stepped headers for the Teryx ... THAT ACTUALLY PERFORM is no easy task. Its not just bend up some pipe and slap it on. You will not make more HP then the Muzzys by doing that. Good luck.Not to mention if it was that easy EVERYONE WOUDL BE DOING IT and making HP. I could go on with more, but not sure tha tyou want to hear it? Not sure how much time you have on your hands? Or how much your time is worth? but it will also take a lot more then a few hours to fab up a correct fitting set up pipes .... thats if you know what your doing and have the equipment to do it. So with that being said if you do make something feel free to send it to me and we will dyno it to see how you did ....

#3 ·
I think your a little behind the curve on this idea. Check out the Teryx exhaust that Alba Racing designed and sells. Maybe your idea is different.???

#4 ·
Tough Task

What you are perposing is truly a tough task. I personally agree that all 4 stroke exhaust complete systems are way over priced if you're looking at material cost only. Once you have developed a performance mod your self and see the equiptment cost and development cost of producing such a product you will begin to understand the retail cost of these products. The retailers don't get rich with this stuff either with the competion and the economy your "very" lucky to make 20% to 30% percent on these products and it gets tough to pay the bills on that kind of margin. I tried to develop a shorty intake for the Rhino 700 and after many hours of dyno testing we made 1.5 hp and the product wouldn't work for the average guy because it would have to stick out the the engine cover. That little round of test and development cost me around $3900.00 and nothing to sell for it. I am sure Muzzy and the other brands mad lots of different pipes before they came up with something that works, at a significant cost.

#5 ·
That little round of test and development cost me around $3900.00 and nothing to sell for it. I am sure Muzzy and the other brands mad lots of different pipes before they came up with something that works, at a significant cost.
+1 to that.

I can tell you that we spend countless hours developing products and in most cases make several changes to proto-types trying to get them to work. It sucks when you spend a fortune only to find that it will not work or is not worth selling. I for one would never sell a product that I didn't believe in and would not use on my own equipment.

#7 ·
I expected this.....I have found a vendor that currently sells a complete kit, that will sell me just the headers. My time is worth a lot more than trying to do it myself. I would buy the headers, and hire a fab shop locally to add on the muffler.

I don't consider myself behind the times, as I am on here to learn more about how to make my Teryx better, but it is also my responsibility to take care of MY MONEY. I will check out the Alba kit in a few minutes.

For that matter I have spent money with Dasa, Hunterworks, Muzzy, UTV Crap, and Four Stroke Tech in the last 3 days.

I appreciate good products and the work you guys do. It comes down to value, and currently $800.00 in a Dollars/HP is just not a good value. That is not saying it is not a good product.

Lets put it this way. Lets say i can get $800/4HP = $200 per HP
If I can do it another way for $400/3HP = $133 per HP

That is a better Value for me at this time.

Thanks,

#8 ·
LOL...I see nothing wrong with the guy wanting to try it out...... Its easy to see he scares the hell outta the vendors on here.

Imagine, the guy get his hands on a buddys Muzzy system....copies the tube diameters....and puts the system together to near identical muzzy specs. He then posts a "look what I did" thread, and cuts the vendors out of their profit....LOL.

I mean really....it aint rocket science to copy another system for a reduced price...really. VW flanges will work and its fairly easy to make a set of equal length headers...... Hot todders have been making them for years in the auto world. Get you a couple free flow pipes.....cut em down....whatever you have to do and check it out !

Get real guys......hes got a point, they are too expensive.....

Copy the header dimensions.....get a couple free flowing compact pipes.....or, two HMF's from basically any big bore model.....make the brakets, and I know he would see improvement !

It aint about the money vendors....its about ingenuity....wich is what America was founded on.....LOL.

And it aint copyright infringment either....as long as he dont sell it...... They have done the hard work for you,.....copy copy copy.....Let the flames begin :)

#9 ·
everyone has valid points. However my time is worth more than 100 per hour in my opinion. So with that being said, could I have a exhaust copied, make all mounting hardware have it usfs forest approved and not have it screw my engine up in a 8 hour period.....naw not worth the liability. However if you have more time than money on your hands it could be worth it just for having done it. I dont have the time.... I love my muzzys...oh I love her muzzy tooo ha ha...Just stay with the stock tubes and put a diff muffler on ...call chris at hrt he has experimented on his teryx.....call him you wont be dissapointed...also dasa knows what he is talking about...my 03 cents...

#11 ·
You guys are Hilarious.... I am not looking to copy, sell, distribute, Infringe, Maim, rape, or pilage anyone elses ideas.

I look at this as an opportunity for one of you Vendors on here. Make us a Sub-$400 system that will work

YOU WILLLLLLL SELLLLL THEMMMM!!!!!

Seriously, $800 is out of the price range for most people for an exhaust. Yes they work,. Yes those that bought them will defend their decision till the bitter end, they worked for that cash. Of course the vendors that sell them will say there is nothing better.

But, I know there is someone that sees the value in having options. They already have the Header pipes done, those are sunk costs. Add a different, less expensive, Muffler and sell more of those Zillion dollar design headers.

Rant over, but BTW found a clip of the ALBA muffler system........SOUNDS BADA$$, way deeper note than the Muzzy's, and would sound awesome out in the dunes!

#21 ·
About the Alba exhaust. I have heard it live and it does sound great. I think the downward tip helps the sound alot. Not sure what it costs.

#12 ·
Frankly I find this whole THREAD hilarious and the only reason I am addressing it is because the guy who started it? Whether he realizes it or not...is shedding a bad light on the companies that manufacture the product in question...I have been a business owner for over 10 years now and I always find a bit of humor in how someone who hasn't a single clue about your business (or even running a business for that matter) will find ways for you to slash your overhead and costs so you can then pass the savings on to them and many others...all the while becoming a millionaire because your doing something that none of your competition has realized because they are all to busy counting their ill gotten gains (money)...:confused:

I'm not even going to get into what it costs to run a business...especially when you have product and development resources that MUST constantly be expended in order to stay on the cutting edge & ahead of (or at least even with) your ever expanding competition. There is NO immediate return on this kind of investment...it is simply money allocated in hopes of a product you can get to market with. There's MANY good ideas and inventions out there that have been killed because there wasn't a market or the end product was too expensive for the consumer.

Again I am only addressing this because the question of what it takes to manufacture an exhaust system is on the table. If you are going to call out a manufacture of a product then I think it is only FAIR for you to do ALL the foot work & not just pull prices out of the air & quote them.

So you THINK you can scab together a equal length header system that makes horsepower? I double dog dare you to keep tabs on the whole project. You say you have the equal length headers ready to go? Lets see them because I don't know of ANY off the shelf product that bolts right on to the Teryx and if not then you will have to add in what it will take to finish up a "Weld Up" kit. Found some exhaust flanges that will bolt right on? Give us that info. You think you have a muffler that will work? Get some specs up. You have a way to mount that same muffler to the Teryx? Post up a picture of that. Oh and make sure you keep track of all your time on the phone, the internet and running out to your Teryx with a tape measure to see if your idea will work since that is valuable time spent and I am POSITIVE your welder will charge you for the time if he has to do it.

No bashing or flaming intended. If you really think you can make a better mouse trap then by all means attempt it and post up pics of your proud results. I for one am a "do it yourself" guy and have been in on MANY product development projects for DASA, FuelATV, OMF and Pro Armor to name a few. I have flushed more money than I care to disclose in pursuit of a better mousetrap. I know from the inside what it takes and am just passing along my point of view.

You mentioned "What would be the negatives of an aftermarket header kit to add the performance, and then fabbing that up with an automotive style muffler, and a really cool tip?"

Uhh...what do you think a exhaust system is but a after market header, a muffler and a really cool exhaust tip?...Maybe I am missing something here but that cracked me up...:laugh:

As for the remaining $$$ in question? I really don't have time to get into the financial burdens of running a business because I am late for my first day at work...seems I landed a job with Muzzy following the owner around with a large wheel barrow full of his cash...good news is we need someone to help hold the front end steady because it is overflowing with money so we are looking for another employee...just his way of stimulating the economy...

Edit: Oh yea I forgot...ALBA????...REALLY???...Those guys have been passing on garbage to the end users for years...I'm not going to say EVERYTHING they sell is garbage...but on the performance end?...Thats the true definition of "You get what you pay for"...nuff said...

#13 ·
Did you even read my post? (No Seriously)

You are like a politician who uses a question as a platform, and then stand up there an lectures that he is smarter, a better business person, cuter, better in bed, etc even though that had nothing to do with the question asked.

Lets use an example from another market:
Lets take Dynomax, or Flowmaster for example, i think they make mufflers and exhaust system :laugh:

They have the Ultraflo SS, and the Super turbo. I would bet you that they make a cat back system that works with either of these mufflers for a Mustang.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? The Ultra flo is by far superior, and costs more right. Hell why does Ford even make an F150, when the F350 Crew Cab Powerstroke is so much better? It comes down to COST/VALUE for the CONSUMER.

That is the challenging thing about these forums is that you get JOE Teryx on here and he searches around for a while, reads a little, finds some good info, posts a questions, and get BLASTED!!

And the funniest part is that the ones doing the blasting are the ones that would love to have 10,000 members on here. You are the experts. You are here to sell and market your products. SELL them, dont just tell me it is a stupid idea, and that if I think i can do it better go a ahead. I would be living in a storage shed if I treated my potential customers the way some of the Forum sponsors do.

Now go back and read my posts. "I am not going to do the work myself"

Love this forum, and I won't be going anywhere, but good grief.

#14 ·
Oh now your getting nasty...:laugh:...the funniest part is that the longer you talk the more foolish you appear...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It seems YOU are the one who likes to hear himself talk...my response had EVERYTHING to do with your question...For a do it yourself guy? YES go for it!..I said this...GO FOR IT!!!!!...DO IT YOURSELF!!!!...go back and read my post...do it and post up some pics for bragging rights...

I haven't read anything I consider blasting except your comments:

"First off no offense to the Manufacturers or resellers on this site, but $800-900 for an exhaust is............can't think of the right word."

First blood right there...

"It comes down to value, and currently $800.00 in a Dollars/HP is just not a good value."

Nice little jab...

"Seriously, $800 is out of the price range for most people for an exhaust. Yes they work,. Yes those that bought them will defend their decision till the bitter end, they worked for that cash. Of course the vendors that sell them will say there is nothing better."

Now if that isn't a cut and slash? Then I obviously don't know what one is...:confused:

Now as far as my response?...

"Thoughts, bashing and opinions welcome and expected

Thanks,"

Hey you said it and we obliged...Now YOU go back and re-read MY post..I just layed out what it would take to build a "sub $300-350" system...I don't think you can do it BUT if you CAN?...Then POST UP THE INFO...and quit throwing out unsubstantiated BS...I double dog dare you to start your project...:laugh:

I love these forums also and clowns like YOU are one of the reasons I stick around...I couldn't BUY better entertainment...:wave:

#15 · (Edited)
Are you lost? I really hope you don't think you speak for all the Manufacturers/ resellers on this site.

And once again you did not read my Post so I will say it one more time slowly.

I.....AM.....NOT.....DOING....THE....WORK....MYSELF..

I am hiring a "professional" to do the work.

To anyone else reading this. I am not here to bash and get into a gunfight with this dude. I am looking for feedback on why this will or will not work. Please re-read my earlier posts as to my intentions and you will see that all I want is to float an idea for another product offering on this site, I never said I could do it better than anyone else. I do not do that kind of work for a living, but to assume that i don't know anything about running a business is Asinine. You don't know anything about me. but thanks for trying (to look cool)

And to the vendors I have purchased from in the past week on this site (almost $2,000 worth of gear) I thank you for offering good products.

Thanks to Fourstroke Tech, Hunterworks, Muzzy, Vent Racing, and UTV Crap, you guys are great to work with, and I look forward to putting the Teryx back together next week.

#16 ·
Lost?..ehhh arguably...I have been called MUCH worse...:p

Speak for other manufactures? Defiantly not...I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut...

No gun battle and I'm sorry you took it that way or see it in that light...I'm just saying...S L O W L Y ..."You have an idea and want to know if it can be done? Then DO IT!"...HIRE some one..do it yourself...whatever...no bashiing intended...just do it if you think it can be done...just because I don't think it can be done doesn't mean I'm bashing or flaming...chill out...

I don't think it can be done but that is MY opinion...it's worth exactly what you paid for it...NOTHING...so crank one out and lets see the end result...imagine what a hero you will be if it actually can be done?...I double dog dare you...x2...:laugh:

After your done I will guarantee a free dyno run to see if it makes horsepower...I will pay for the dyno time AND shipping...but thats a whole different subject altogether...we just want to see if it can be done...:wave:

#17 ·
I believe two different members on here have fabbed their own muffler systems, chase had done his and I think another member has. I will agree that almost ALL UTV accesories are way too expensive....but I want those things..so pay up....or make them yourself. I think you can have yours made, but I think you will be unhappy with the outcome. Good luck anyway, I support your initiative.
Yes I have muzzy's, and they were well worth the 900 I paid for them.....but that is just me.....call me crazy...:D

#18 ·
Sandjunkie is taking this WAY to personal....... I found NONE of the statements that fella has made to be jabs at anyone......they are the TRUTH !

NOT BS....the truth !

Nessesity is the mother of invention...... Who knows....he may put something together....throw it on a dyno and find it makes comparable power to a muzzy ! Who knows ! But to cut him short and say hes an idiot, just shows your character.

I guess CHEVY should have never made any autos because ford already had the idea too.........really.

#23 ·
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Believe me I don't ANYTHING like that personal...it's the internet bro...:D

And I will repeat my statement...If you think it can be done then DO IT!!!...DO it do it do it do it...how is this interpreted as cutting him short?..And I NEVER called him an idiot...

Part of the original question was if it could be done for "Sub $300-350"...all I did was lay out why I didn't believe it could be done and I also addressed THIS statement...

"I look at this as an opportunity for one of you Vendors on here. Make us a Sub-$400 system that will work

YOU WILLLLLLL SELLLLL THEMMMM!!!!!"

I disagree...plain and simple...don't read anything more into it than whats there...

I am all about do it yourself...when you can...if you doubt it then go look up the "How To" section at LTR450HQ.com...there is NO ONE that has written more "Do It Yourself" articles than I have...and thats after 4 years...so I will say it slowly for YOU also...DO IT and post up some pictures of what you have accomplished...THEN send it to me and I will put it on a dyno to see what kind of gains it offers...

I TRIPLE DOG dare you to come up with something that meets your criteria...I never said it could NOT be done...I just don't THINK it can be done...so DO IT and prove me (and several others) wrong...it's that simple...

Where's the popcorn smiley?...:laugh:

#22 ·
Well again i feel unless you have designed a pipe that makes HP ..... ACTUAL HP ... DYNO PROVEN HP then you have no clue on what it takes. Yes you can bend up soms tubes ... MIG or bird turd weld them up .... slap on a flowmaster and THINK you are making more HP .... or better yet CLAIM you are making more HP like most companys do. Sure no question people with more time then money and the skills or know someone with the skills can do this. BUT are you REALLY getting more HP for the money? Our pipes are a work of art ...... I feel $800.00 is pretty effin cheap for the amount of billet machining for end caps and pipe mounts included in OUR PIPES not to mention full stainless steel EQUAL LENGTH TIG welded pipes we are going to offer. I mean basically you are talking about 2 FULL SYSTEMS, TWO canister and TWO pipes. To get them equal length is no easy task either. We do this for a living and we have one guy that has been working for basically 4 weeks on making these. Not to mention the 2 10 hour days dyno testing so far. We just finished up the sets we will be dynoing tomorrow .... and again we design and manufactue pipes ALL DAY EVERYDAY. If you are trying to save a buck or two pull the baffle and call it good. If you are looking to squeeze the most you can out of your stock car buy a full equal length system ... it is cheaper to buy it once then make your own once not make more HP or ACUALLY MAKE LESS HP .... YES you can eff them up and the can work WORSE then stock ...... then have to bought it in the first place. AGAIN my offer stands ....... make your own pipe send it to us and lets see what it really does NO BS, NO DRAMA.

#25 ·
we can offer a slip-on that makes 2 - 3 more hp then stock for sub $400.00 no question and ACTUALLY MAKE MORE PROFIT then we would on a full system. The problem is you can pull out the baffle on the stock pipe and get about the same results. So please PM meif you want a slip on for sub $400.00 ...... it will feature FULL trick billet end caps, billet canister mounts and sound sweet. If enough people want it we will do it and post up dyno numbers on what it does or does not do. It WILL NOT make the HP we will on our equal length full duals That i can PROMISE.

#26 ·
The issue with UTV parts or any other niche market product is the number you are making.

Since Muzzy was used, they only make 25 system of each model at a time versus some company that makes exhaust for a Mustang may make a 1000 at time.

Everything comes down in numbers. The other issue is, they sell it to distributors who sell to dealers and then to the end user.

Everyone in the chain has to make money.

If guy bought all the tools opened a shop and only sold direct to the end user then he could in fact sell any of these parts cheaper but the system is rarely set up that way.

As for the guy trying to make his own, I say go for it. I tried to me one one time and I am embarrassed what I came up with.

Also if they could be sold cheaper they would be, competition is too tough. When you see this particular item and others at really low prices it is because they are paying distributor pricing and selling retail. This cuts out the dealer.

There is always someone getting the short end of the stick no matter what.

Todd

#27 · (Edited)
Tripple dog dare....sandjunkie ?.....LOL

Im sure there are plenty of backwoods craftsmen who can and would....dont doubt that. Hell, why dont I just get a hold of one of your pipes....copy it (almost to a T) Slap my name on it and sell it ? I mean heck....youve already done all the work for me right ?

The power is made in the pipes bro.... the muffler only really controls sound as long as it is free flowing.....you guys know that rather you want to admit it or not..... It aint rocket science dude....

See.... Ive been building and racing almost anything with an engine in it since I was "knee high to a grasshopper".....and all aspects of engine performance come down to the same things..... Air, Fuel and spark.....and moving said mixtures in and out of the engine at a great efficiency. More compression, higher duration lifts on your cam....said valvetrain to reach higher RPM's.....stout bottom ends to compliment said valvetrain for higher RPM's....

Dude.....this stuff has been around for ages....literally. Just because its a Teryx dont mean the concepts are totally new.....stop trying to fool people.

Ill tell ya, the way you guys treated this guy....Ill never buy a damn thing from any of you. This better than thou attitude is a complete turn-off. (except for Todd at Hunterworks, he has shown a great attitude in this thread)

You guys need some competition bad....and I hope you get it.....

Im no stranger to a mchine shop equipped with CNC, lathes, mandrel benders and welders either bro..... There is a MARK UP on these pipes.....You aint doing it for free !

There is room to cut corners.....I for one dont need billet mounts..... Or Stainless steel.......or shiny pipes..... Ill take mine with sheet metal mounts and in the "black'.....

Work something up and get back to us.....Oh wait, youll prolly have to Dyno it because you changed the metal composition....LMAO !

#30 ·
Hell, why dont I just get a hold of one of your pipes....copy it (almost to a T) Slap my name on it and sell it ? I mean heck....youve already done all the work for me right ? !
Sure i guess that would be the easy way ..... same way the do it in china. Just knock off someones hard work. I guess in this case i am sure glad you wont be buying anything from us ......

The power is made in the pipes bro.... the muffler only really controls sound as long as it is free flowing.....!
Wrong ..... the canister, core diameter, core material, packing and other things are all a huge factor in having the right combo that makes power in EACH APPLICATION.

you guys know that rather you want to admit it or not..... It aint rocket science dude....!
If it was so easy to make a set of pipes that makes the most HP everyone would be doing it ... right? If it was so easy to make the most HP then everyones pipes would all make the same HP right? You are right about one thing it is not rocket science ..... its exhaust science. Well it is to get the most out of what you got atleast.

See.... Ive been building and racing almost anything with an engine in it since I was "knee high to a grasshopper".....and all aspects of engine performance come down to the same things..... Air, Fuel and spark.....and moving said mixtures in and out of the engine at a great efficiency. More compression, higher duration lifts on your cam....said valvetrain to reach higher RPM's.....stout bottom ends to compliment said valvetrain for higher RPM's....!
So has EVERYONE ...... now just apply all this knowledge you have and make it not only work and MAKE HP .... BUT STAY TOGETHER. Then prove your work, market it and sell it. Its easy ... RIGHT. All you need is a mig welder and some pipe.

Dude.....this stuff has been around for ages....literally. Just because its a Teryx dont mean the concepts are totally new.....stop trying to fool people.
We are not here to fool anyone ..... We are the REAL DEAL and can prove it.

You guys need some competition bad....and I hope you get it.....!
There is plenty of competition now .... especailly with everyone stealling peoples hard work and selling it as their own.

Im no stranger to a mchine shop equipped with CNC, lathes, mandrel benders and welders either bro..... There is a MARK UP on these pipes.....You aint doing it for free !!
Yeah there is mark up DUH .... but to make a set of pipe takes work. People come on here and act like you can bend up soem crap and make HP. It just aint that easy. I have no doubt it can be done as we do it, just saying it will take time, patience, knowledge and it will cost you more then $800.00 in time, labor and material .... thats all. I woudl love to make soem pipes that cost us $250.00 to make and sell then to you guys for $325.00. It just aint gonna happen.

There is room to cut corners.....I for one dont need billet mounts..... Or Stainless steel.......or shiny pipes..... Ill take mine with sheet metal mounts and in the "black'.....!
We dont cut corners .....

1. No billet mounts ..... great for you, but when the pipes fall off or the welds crack YOU dont have to take the pipes back.

2. No stainless steal ..... great for you, but when the normal customr washes his teryx and the pipes rust out. YOU wont have to take the phone calls and e-mails .... ohh wait you wont ever get those pipes wet right? Or if you do you will dry them off i am sure.

3. Sheet metal mounts? ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME ....that will hold together all of 10 miles i am sure. Again no big deal all you tell your customers when they fall apart is HEY PAL you only paided $350.00 what the EFF DID YOU EXPECT ... LMAO.
Work something up and get back to us.....Oh wait, youll prolly have to Dyno it because you changed the metal composition....LMAO !
No need to dyno that as we would NEVER cut a corner .... you want the best of the best at the same price as the rest .... CALL US. Our prices are fair and affordable. So go to the recycle bin, grab up some stuff slap those pipes together. Be sure and keep track of your time when there all done lets run'um. THis is not an attack on anyone. We are just letting people know what time, material and craftsmanship goes into our products. Ok gotta go i justsaw a guy throw away a coke can. i am going to go grab it and fab up some canister mounts.

#29 · (Edited)
"There is room to cut corners.....I for one dont need billet mounts..... Or Stainless steel.......or shiny pipes..... Ill take mine with sheet metal mounts and in the "black'....."

That is what i am saying, but these guys are too busy playing home team to listen. They have no concept of consumer demand.

Guys, I am off to the mountains to spend the day camping with my family and a group of friends. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

For you guys that dumped on me, i understand that the economy is tough right now for everyone, and you are just trying to protect what is yours. However, inciting this kind of us vs them will only drive your competitions ambitions to beat you.

I think you will see that we as consumers want value. Not cheat garbage, or a super expensive work of art (well some do). I am in no position to start a company and bring a product like this to market, but i would bet one of your competitors sees the strength of the concept. Or at least I hope so, then i can by it from them

Have a great weekend!!!

#31 ·
but these guys are too busy playing home team to listen. They have no concept of consumer demand.
We have an exact idea of consumer demand. We also have the concept ofyou get what you pay for.

For you guys that dumped on me, i understand that the economy is tough right now for everyone, and you are just trying to protect what is yours. However, inciting this kind of us vs them will only drive your competitions ambitions to beat you.
I hope you do not think i amdumping on you? That is not what my posts are ment to come across as. AGAIN i have no doubt with the proper knowledge, material, craftmanship and testing you can make a killer set of pipes that make power. It just aint gonna happen for $300.00 and a case of beer.

I think you will see that we as consumers want value. Not cheat garbage, or a super expensive work of art (well some do). I am in no position to start a company and bring a product like this to market, but i would bet one of your competitors sees the strength of the concept. Or at least I hope so, then i can by it from them.
WE could just be like other comapnys and make something say it makes 10 HP and sell it ..... ITS JUST NOT THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS.

Guys, I am off to the mountains to spend the day camping with my family and a group of friends. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Have a great weekend .... we will be on the dyno AGAIN. Trying to get you guys the best set of teryx pipes out on the market .... at the same price as the other guys.

#32 ·
LOL...so you are saying you cant offer a set of "economy" pipes in the same style as the "high end" pipes....LOL

Damn.... shame you are so closed minded.

Someone is missing a great opertunity right here to hit the "budget" minded costomer here.

I guess all of the other off road headers are made of stainless steel too ? And billett mounts also ? NO, they are not......you cant deny the market for a set of cheaper "economy" pipes.....and the consumer will know that they got they "economy" pipes....therefore....should not bitch....right ?

#33 ·
LOL...so you are saying you cant offer a set of "economy" pipes in the same style as the "high end" pipes....LOL
Not sure what you want in economy? .... it seams you just want cheaper and for someone to tell you it is quality and makes HP.

Damn.... shame you are so closed minded.
We are far from closed minded? Are you kidding me? Go to DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE and see how closed minded we are. Damn shame you are putting price over quality. Especially when our pipes will be the same as others.

Someone is missing a great opertunity right here to hit the "budget" minded costomer here.
No someone will offer up something ..... tell you its just as good. You seeing it is cheaper will buy it. Then we will test it and see if it really is. So far we have not seen this CHEAPER stuff workout so hot. Maybe you will find different.

I guess all of the other off road headers are made of stainless steel too ? And billett mounts also ? NO, they are not......you cant deny the market for a set of cheaper "economy" pipes.....and the consumer will know that they got they "economy" pipes....therefore....should not bitch....right ?
Wrong .... they will bitch about anything that fails. They will also always bitch about the price. One thing about our products and our customers is they will never bitch about the QUALITY and the HP you get with our products.

#34 ·
Hey you have been around awhile you should know .......

1. Quality

2. Horse Power

3. Price

Now pick two ...... just kidding. Bottom line we will not make pipes out of anything but stainless steel. We will not make endcaps out of anything EXCEPT billet. We will not make our canisters mount out of anything except billet. We will always push the envolope to make HP. We will be here to stand behind anything we sell. If we find something that works and we cannot make it better then we wont offer it. You can buy our products knowing they are ALL machined INHOUSE, Manufactured INHOUSE and here in the U.S.A.

#36 ·
LMAO ! Sandjunkie, If anyone is proving something here...its you.....and how much of an ass you are ! :)

So , the thanks belongs to you !...Thank You !

And yes....BTW.... you need to do more research on the muffler idea.....just about any free flowing exhaust would work.

I understand your pissy outlook....If more people know the truth...they will buy less from you...LMAO ! Carry on....with your BS :laugh:

#42 ·
ASS???...:confused:...wow that hurt...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And here's a real gem "you need to do more research on the muffler idea.....just about any free flowing exhaust would work."

Work? yes it will flow exhaust gas...hell an old Folger's Bro's can with the ends cut out will flow exhaust...not sure what your trying to say here?...:confused:

Listen bro about the only thing you can thank me for is pointing out how much of an clueless nincompoop you truly are...:p...And I'm not worried about people not buying exhaust from me...I don't sell them...if YOU truly had a clue you would have figured that out by now...I am more of a catalyst for gentlemen in the industry who have ideas and want to develop them...I'm the muscle that does the grunt work for product development...I provide services like conceptual CAD drawings and fabrication on up to final drawings and material lists...in other words I am like the guy that helped Chevy get started!

not making fun of you for dyno'ing products....making fun of you outlook that it cant be done different than what is currently available.....

Again......there are more ways to skin a cat.....henry ford didnt write the book with the model T......Chevy cama along with the 350 to take king of the small blocks.....are you not getting my meaning here ?

You think trial and error should stop at your shop?.......really man, this is why I keep comming back to this topic.....read what you two have wrote.... I guess we should take your word that NONE better can be made right ? I guess your the bible on the subject right ?.......Wrong.......

Progress will never be made with your attitude...
Dude the longer you talk the more foolish you look...How many times do I have to say it? I don't THINK it can be done...doesn't mean that it CAN'T...

So I will say it slowly for your feeble mind...DO IT ALREADY...go out with your wealth of knowledge and BUILD IT!...then come back and tell us how you did it...

Here's the bottom line...the only thing I want to hear out of your pie hole is HOW you did it...

Can you do it or not?...No theories...no more insults...none of your BS about how much you know about making horsepower...no more comparisons about Ford and Chevy...Edison and the light bulb...false accusations about us impeding progress like we're not letting our customers out of the stone age or something like that...

Quit typing and trying to argue...go DO IT already!...

Go grab your hacksaw, bailing wire and tin snips and go BUY the parts and BUILD IT!...

I fail to understand how this is a bad attitude on my part when I have been telling you from the very first post to GO DO IT AND POST UP PICTURES of your project...

For Gods sakes go BUILD YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM and tell us how you did it...

Build it yourself...hire someone to do it for you...whatever...go buy your Volkswagon flanges, Hooker Header weld up kit and Baby Turbo mufflers and go build your sub $350 kit...show us your ingenuity and just how clever you are and GO BUILD IT!...

Anything you post after this is just more of your old BS...go DO IT and get some pictures and a build sheet with prices so we can see how you did it...prove your smarter than all the people that build exhaust for a living...

In case you missed the point? Please go get your materials and fabricate a sub $350 exhaust system so we can see what it looks like...:p

Well? We're waiting?...

BTW thank goodness I found a popcorn smiley...

#37 ·
CAVHOOAH,

Take a look at the exhaust shoot out I did on the Teryx, there were some big differences in the the four different pipes. You can find the article and dyno charts on our site under tech articles.

I have no doubt you can make a good one and I know the power is made in the pipes.

I like to go at something myself when I could probably spend less money letting someone else do it but I like doing stuff.

Spent a lot of dough renting a bulldozer and track hoe to build my own pond and probably would have spent less if I let someone else do it and the water probably would not have went over the dam due to the drain pipe not being at the right level. But you know what, it was cool yesterday putting my first batch of coppernose bluegill in there in a pond I built after fixing all my mistakes. Sure feels good to do something yourself at any cost!!

#38 ·
Roger That Todd....trust me, I have looked your site over up and down....even for the Rhino stuff !

I appreciate your time and effort to offer the consumer the "low down" on the equipment out there for us today....that takes a smart fella to not sell junk and invest in the equipment to test before sale to the consumer.

I also appreciate your attitude towards this subject, and wish you would get into the "budget" pipe building arena....you would have my business. Most of us (not the flashy sand dune guys with large wallets) want a product that performs without all the fancy gimmics and additions. Sure SS is nice and trouble free....sure billet is nice and pretty.....but for the folks who can maintain and care for equipment, it is not needed.

I am a trailrider by heart...not a sand dune runner.....I could care less about looks and care most about performance. That fella saying you can NOT do it without SS and billet AL is nuts and caught up in the "Hype"......I Know you wont get in the middle of that, as you appear to be a smart business man. Wich is fine.... I know how things go in this small market.

I hope the "MAKERS" of these systems follow these forums....not the retailers..... hope they can see that the consumer is looking for something more budget minded......

Todd......you will be who I order my new CDI and carb kit from......and later the Dalton will come too. I hope the vendor on this site take note on you....or better yet, not........so you can earn more business :wave:

#39 ·
that takes a smart fella to not sell junk and invest in the equipment to test before sale to the consumer.
But you were just making fun of us for dyno testing our products? I dont get it?

I am a trailrider by heart...not a sand dune runner.....I could care less about looks and care most about performance.
So do we ...... HP is number one along with quality. We are far from dune runners? Check out our website ....CLICK HERE ... if Factory Honda and Factory Yamaha think we do things right ..... Then we must be doing something right? They employ us to develop products for them and build their race engines. HMMMMMM wonder why .......?

That fella saying you can NOT do it without SS and billet AL is nuts and caught up in the "Hype"......
AGAIN we are far from hype as we live up to the hype. You are looking for CHEAP ...... and seem to be willing to sacrafice quality for cost. That is not an option in our book. The SS and billet it not for looks silly ... its for durability.

I hope the "MAKERS" of these systems follow these forums....not the retailers..... hope they can see that the consumer is looking for something more budget minded......
We are the MANUFACTURE and the Retailer .... so no middle man to mark it up. This is how we can offer a system of this quality at this price.

#40 ·
not making fun of you for dyno'ing products....making fun of you outlook that it cant be done different than what is currently available.....

Again......there are more ways to skin a cat.....henry ford didnt write the book with the model T......Chevy cama along with the 350 to take king of the small blocks.....are you not getting my meaning here ?

You think trial and error should stop at your shop?.......really man, this is why I keep comming back to this topic.....read what you two have wrote.... I guess we should take your word that NONE better can be made right ? I guess your the bible on the subject right ?.......Wrong.......

#41 ·
not making fun of you for dyno'ing products....making fun of you outlook that it cant be done different than what is currently available........
Are you kidding me? What have i posted that would lead you to think that? I think things can be done different ... we do it all day long.I DONT THINK THE AVERAGE JOE IS GOING TO BEND UP SOME PIPES FOR $300.00 THAT MAKE MORE THEN THE MUZZYS DO. After all that is what this thread is about right? Building a CHEAP set of pipes that make as much or more then the muzzy pipes do?

I agree 110% ......

That is not our attitude at all ..... not sure what posts you are reading ... DO YOU SPEAK AND READ ENGLISH? I believe things can be done different .... that is why our system is TIG welded, nit mig welded like the muzzy. THis is why we are using larger head pipe tubes with more steps then the muzzy. This is why we are using a larger core .... and on and on and on. So please take 5 min out of your day and re-read what i have said. Not saying it cant be done ... JUST SAYING IT CANT FOR $300.00 GET IT NOW?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.