Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 08 teryx, looking to add an exhaust to it. the dragonfire system is where i am leaning, sounds the meanest of all aftermarket. is a jet kit needed for this? was looking on their site, and not sure if they are trying to just sell more products in their description, or if the jet kit, clutch kit, are needed with the exhaust system.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hi there, yes you will need to rejet after installing an exhaust, you will not need a clutch kit. In my opinion, I think I would do the CDI before the exhaust. I have never heard the Dragonfire system so I cannot comment on that, I personally have the Muzzys exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you like your muzzys? would you happen to have any video of it? i have been looking into the muzzy's also and they seem really nice. trinity was a big exhaust for the yamaha raptor when i had one and trinity makes nice stuff from first hand experience.

anyone chime in with muzzy's exhaust video or trinity?

whats a good brand CDI to buy for bang for the buck? what are the first 3-4 mods you would do

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Here you go, this will give you a good idea of how the Muzzys sound.

And then the Trinity:

Have not heard anything on the Trinity, though it does sound nice I am not sure of its performance gains.

As far as CDI, think everyone is using the Dynatek, there may still be some using the VDI as well though.

First mods:
  1. CDI
  2. Exhaust and jetting
  3. Clutch and OD cover

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty sure i am going to go with the muzzy after some searching. i wish there were more muzzy video clips to hear on youtube. found out this has the dragonfire, sounds mean. almost like a top fuel dragster, but i guess minimal performance actually dynoed if what i read was true in other posts, that AC makes dragonfires exhaust. im sure others will agree this does sound badass though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts