Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree, the extended warranty is $1300.00 in Canada for 3 years. That pretty much paid for my Muzzy's.

I will say though, I was impressed with the factory Warranty. I had a leaky front output shaft seal. I took my machine in for a 50 hour service and final warranty inspection just before my six month warranty expired. They changed a boot but didn't notice the leaky seal.

Two weeks later(80 miles), I was installing my Muzzy's and noticed a the seal was leaking. I called the service shop I had it at and they said there was no way they could have missed it.

I called my dealer (not the service shop I used <my mistake>) and he told me to bing it down. My seal got changed on Warranty, I was pretty impressed.

I heard some pretty negitive things about the Kawi warranty on this site, but I have a good exprience. Just don't go to Headingly Sport shop for service.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you do any mods it will void your warranty.And 950 will fix a lot of probs.The first year should get any bugs out. Kawie servace sucks my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The warranty is only as good as the dealer, so many times its on the dealer to make the decision to cover it or not, they can control the warranty coverage alot of the times and so many times Kawi is never involved in the decision wether you are covered or not, most of the time if the dealer wants to take care of you he can, I have been in the retail tire business and very seldom is it not my decision on the warranty and many times even on a tire that is not covered under warranty and it is a good customer I pick up the phone and call my rep and say look man I got a good customer with a problem and I need some help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to second what Bigdaddy has to say. Kawi did'nt want to warranty my broken axle because I had a lift and tires. My dealership jumped through hoops to make Kawi warranty it. They were so good I went ahead and bought an extended warranty. 48 months was around $900.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I had 2 hours on mine before I ripped it all apart and voided the warraty bad. :D
Make sure your dealer agrees with any add ons before you get extended warranty or your wasting your money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts