Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know what everyone uses when riding for eye protection. Usually on the street I use sunglasses, however, in the sand or in the desert glasses just doesn't cut it.

Being that right now the desert is especially dusty, I have chosen to try Oakleys MX Sand (first attachment) and see how they perform. I have been very happy with my Oakley MX's (second attachment) but recently on desert rides, tiny specs of dirt have found their way into my eyes, granted this could just be the fact that they have been used quite a bit and the seal is not what it used to be. Now the MX Sand appears to have a different material used to seal them, so I will be interested to see how they work out. I will ensure to come back to this thread to report.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
I usually wear scott or oakley over the glasses goggles. I like to be able to wear sunglasses under my goggles.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is an option too I suppose. My biggest thing when riding the dunes was being able to judge distance. For whatever reason, I was having a little bit of a hard time reading the dunes. Well the amber lenses took are of that, however, they are not the best at night. I am going to try out these grey lenses that come with the Oakley MX Sand, they are supposed to work really well day or night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts