Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the factory speedo in my 08 Teryx. The fuel level light is flashing. Is there a way to make it stop? What are the red and green wires for? The harness seems to make every thing work but the fuel gauge so thats what I was assuming they were for, but I know Ass-U-Me means.

Also could you install the fuel tank gauge from say a 2005 Brute Force 750 and get a fuel reading? They were carbed models too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You have an 09 dash and your blue wire is looking for a signal from the tank sender. The red wire runs to the light switch and provides power to the taillights. Green is to the parking brake position switch.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No blue wire. Only red and green and the big harness plug in.

I may have an 09 Speedo though. I have a call into the dealer to confirm.

Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
The display just has a plug in right, no actual harness of any type? Then you have the machines harness? So if you are flashing that light I was just guessing you may have 09 display.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the dealers parts guy. He gave me an 09 because I ordered all the 09 upgrades that were listed on the site (Thanks guys). He has now ordered me an 08 one and I'll switch them this weekend.

Hood off again, but at least the roll cage is off still so its not too much work.

Thanks Sleepy.

·
Registered
526 Posts
sucks having to pull the hood dont it. I had to pull mine this weekend to install temp guage in dash

·
Registered
780 Posts
No problem. Although I would like to try to put in an 09 display. Might even be able to make fuel gauge work

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wondered if a carbed Brute Force Fuel speedo and fuel gauge say from 2005 would it work in an 08 Teryx? Anyone part out a older Brute Force?

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you don't want the recessed dash like they come stock then you can snap the display in from the front... Little force and it will push in and stay just fine. Also this helps if you ever need to get behind there because a wire came loose on a switch because you can just pop it out and reach your hand back there as well.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 2005 Brute Force one may not work as it has the 4x4 actuator in it (from tech at dealer).
I got a PM that said it will work. Now to figure out if the fuel gauge will work.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
780 Posts
just hit me what your biggest problem would be...

the depth of the teryx tank is much much more than that of the brute tank and that float isnt going to be long enough to get a proper reading.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had thought of that and thought the rod would have to be extended. Not so big an issue????

I am more concerned with wiring harness slots from the different models don't line up and how is the fuel gauge wired.

The harness look similar. Its just which wires are where in the slots.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You can buy the type of fuel sending unit that is just a rod, (supposed to be an 11" one needed for the 2008) and it may work for any type of gauge whether digital or analog? I am not sure but most work on resistance, if it will work with some of these OEM type of displays I don't know. Can't see them being too much different.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You need to know the ohm range of your gauge if tying into a stock unit otherwise it won't read correct. Most aftermarket are 0-90 ohm but the 09 kawi is 0-120 ohm.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tech dealer is mistaken... Don't even know what hes talking about as the displays aren't any different from at least 05-07.

4x4 actuator inside? Huh? Actuator has always been at the front diff which has to detect speed through the speed sensor that runs through the cluster.

I ran the 05 speedo off one of my brutes for a little while... so i know for a fact it works. :)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shan
Do you know if the 09 Teryx speedo is the same as the brute force one?
I have the blinky empty fuel light now.
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts