Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the type of air intake that you must run with the fcr carbs. there is a baffle in the filter that separates the two chambers to end the problems caused by fuel standoff. these carbs need a direct shot to the air filter to work properly at higher rpm's, trust me on this i have tried several different air intake designs and this has worked the best. i ran it up to 9600rpm's and everything was perfect. i have been recording afr, rpm and tp with an LM1. i have spent lots of time on this, now hopefully the rest of you fcr guys don't have to. now someone needs to produce this type of air intake. even though you will have to cut a hole in your engine cover, its a small price to pay for the performance gains these carbs give you. by the way they also make the filter in a 4" tall version, i am using the 6.5".

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice! how much power do you think your making now 90+ to the wheels?
I need to do something i just got beat by my buddys new turbo RZR

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
How much more heat and noise Chase?
BTW looks awesome. Thanks for sharing pictures and details.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much more heat and noise Chase?
BTW looks awesome. Thanks for sharing pictures and details.
my motor runs cool, fan hardly ever turns on. i isn't that much louder than before, the main thing i notice now are the carb slides rattling at certain rpm's. by the way we just radared the teryx at 78mph @ 8950rpm and it was still going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts