Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there,
I am looking for information on the FCR downdraft carb's. If anyone knows where to get them, how much are they and what added parts are needed if any, I would be thankful. Thanks for your help. Marty

·
Registered
53 Posts
read some of my posts on the fcr's,i have been running them for almost a year now. there are some issues at high rpms if you are using the stock 2 into 1 intake box and have big cams. the intakes need to be completely separated because of fuel standoff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
chase, what kind of performance gains did these carbs make over the stock carbs? was it just throttle response or do you think the fcr carbs made alot more power. I have muzzy exhaust and the fst standard bore kit, and i cant stand the stock cv carbs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i couldn't stand the stock cv carbs either. they definetly make more power even with the issues i was having. now with different air intakes that actually work, the difference in top end power is incredible. i have tried a couple of different air intakes this week that i have made. these carbs don't seem to like anything but a velocity stack or a filter sitting directly on top of the carb. obviously a velocity stack won't work for any of us. i am trying something new today and if it works i will post pics. otherwise it looks like i'll have to have filters mounted directly to the carbs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i couldn't stand the stock cv carbs either. they definetly make more power even with the issues i was having. now with different air intakes that actually work, the difference in top end power is incredible. i have tried a couple of different air intakes this week that i have made. these carbs don't seem to like anything but a velocity stack or a filter sitting directly on top of the carb. obviously a velocity stack won't work for any of us. i am trying something new today and if it works i will post pics. otherwise it looks like i'll have to have filters mounted directly to the carbs.
Chase, This is good info. Thanks, I'll be looking for your follow up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
here is what i've got so far. have not decided on filter size yet so i won't finish til tomarrow. but the engine cover will have to be cut for the filters to stick up though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
here is what i've got so far. have not decided on filter size yet so i won't finish til tomarrow. but the engine cover will have to be cut for the filters to stick up though.
There is a type of the K&N air filter to be fitted at the top of the Air box like this one:

I think this one will fit and you don't need to modified the cover more that small holes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i thought about using that style but am not sure there would be enough filter surface area with the limited space you have to work with on these things. the othe thing is that you will want to use a prefilter also, and i don't think you can with that style.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Outer Wear makes the prefilters for air boxes on ATVs might be able to find one that will fit. Or you can go to Motosport.com and just buy the outer wear material in sheets.

·
Registered
53 Posts
any significant gains if you do not yet have a bore kit?
i don't know why anyone would run these carbs on a stock motor. you are going to spend $1000 plus on the carbs and cable you will have to have made, and thats if you do all the fab that is involved. cable mounts and the air intake, and this type of air intake with these carbs is absolutly nessesary. definitly spend money on one of Mickeys engine kits before these carbs. i have been running one of Four Stroke Techs 840 kits with stage III cams for over a year now in my teryx. the carbs should be one of the last things you do, they are worth every penny on a built motor.
here's a couple pics with the engine cover on, with the 4" tall filter it would barely stick out.

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
holy crap, didnt realize it was that expensive of a mod.

std bore is on the radar for later in the year.....guess this will not be.
thanks

looks pretty good. you might try to mod the original airbox cover to set over top of that filter....

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Machine is looking great chase, very well done!

I would like to look into doing these in the future, but I just have to watch where the money goes for a little while, lol ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Machine is looking great chase, very well done!

I would like to look into doing these in the future, but I just have to watch where the money goes for a little while, lol ;)
let me know if you need jetting specs when you are ready i can get you very close. the fcr's are the only thing your teryx is missing, you would be very happy with them. i think you will be very suprised at the performance gains, top end is real impresive. tomarrow weather permitting i am going to video and radar top speed. i know i'm somewhere between 75-80 on radar gun now (not speedo), and it gets there quick. i'll post the video this week!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts