Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally there is hope for you guys that have fought and battled the infamous miss that occurs when installing a dynatek cdi box. The cure is simply to install the Dyntatek Coil pack. Like magic the miss went away and the teryx now starts super fast. It will now start without having to pull the choke. I guess the only down side is that the coil will cost you around 200$. At this moment they are extremely hard to find since they are backordered through dynatek. Gonna monitor my spark plugs closely to make sure im not too lean. If push comes to shove ill break down and get the air/fuel meter from hunterworks. I will repeat myself once more.

THE CURE FOR DYNATEK ENGINE MISS IS THE DYNATEK COILS!!!!!!! Im not shouting just excited that the miss is gone!!!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
The coils worked for me as well :good: And you are correct about the starting, much quicker starting indeed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes it does suck....i was almost to the point of trading mine in for a 09 candy blue...definately saved some cash getting the coils..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the response i got back from Dyna...

We cannot give you a 100% certainty that our coil kit will resolve your particular problem. However, the coil kits have worked extremely well andresolved numerous Teryx issues. However, we believe some basic carburetor needle height adjustments, likeraising them .040" and opening the pilot air screw to 2.5 turns out, shouldresolve the problem. The main jet size remains stock. The pilot could perhapsgo up 1 size. The fact you have installed 4 different Dynatek units with the same resultsleads us to further believe the modules are not at fault. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey db maybe you could help me with this problem mid range I gas it and it stumbles a little then clears up only when I hit the gas real quick?????

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I have seen this happen a few times,and yes a hotter spark cleans it up,but like they said it's a jetting problem. I know you didn't want to hear that,and in this case it may have had to have a different tapper to the needle to fix it right. The CV carbs can be a pain that way. JMO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there were a few on ebay for around 150$ with free shipping...these places didnt actually stock these and said it would be several weeks before they got any...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
indeed on the brute 750 quad it was a jetting issue...i just dont know about the teryx...ive tried stock needles, dynojet needles with clips on all variations from grooves 1-5..one washer on each, both...mixture screw anything from .5 turns out to 3.5 out and everything in between...nothing i ever did made the miss any better or worse...true the perfromance was off since i deliberatley made the jetting so bad but the miss always happened no matter what the jetting...the only jetting procedure i never fooled with was the pilot jets...i have ordered some 42 and 45s just for giggles but since the miss is gone im just gonna monitor the plugs until i order the hunterworks meter to get it dialed in...

my question is..on a machine thats allready border line lean from the factory to pass emmisions, then add the dyna cdi to increase timing thus further leaning the machine possibly causing the miss at midrange...then adding the dynatek coils shouldnt that make the miss even more worse since the hotter spark is leaner???? this is the perception some on here have of the matter...i think its more electrical than jetting...JMHO

·
Registered
115 Posts
indeed on the brute 750 quad it was a jetting issue...i just dont know about the teryx...ive tried stock needles, dynojet needles with clips on all variations from grooves 1-5..one washer on each, both...mixture screw anything from .5 turns out to 3.5 out and everything in between...nothing i ever did made the miss any better or worse...true the perfromance was off since i deliberatley made the jetting so bad but the miss always happened no matter what the jetting...the only jetting procedure i never fooled with was the pilot jets...i have ordered some 42 and 45s just for giggles but since the miss is gone im just gonna monitor the plugs until i order the hunterworks meter to get it dialed in...

my question is..on a machine thats allready border line lean from the factory to pass emmisions, then add the dyna cdi to increase timing thus further leaning the machine possibly causing the miss at midrange...then adding the dynatek coils shouldnt that make the miss even more worse since the hotter spark is leaner???? this is the perception some on here have of the matter...i think its more electrical than jetting...JMHO
I have the programable and I do have a small miss but it is not that bad and I am surprised that yours was lean. the first time I took mine out for a nite ride I pulled the core out of the muffler and it was throwing a blue flame about 5 inches long, it was just a little fat but when I put the programmer on it it almost cleared it up :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
:mad:Agreed, why give dynatek any more money.:mad:
I double agree with this. Let us know Todd if you find an alternative. And I also agree....jetting or not....this cdi is flawed, but that flaw has only surfaced becasue the Teryx whole electrical system is marginal. Opinion, not fact.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it is the CDI itself, the VDI unit does not do this.

Same as on the Dynatek Rhino 700 unit, they are having issues but the MSD is not.

I don't think anyone else will enter the CDI game on this unit, only one year of sales and then only 7500 of them.

Todd
Is this something that is just now being figured out? Are you still selling Dynatek CDI's?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
No one has every called in and complained about the miss, I only hear about it on here. Never really did anything about since we didn't get calls.

The dyna is still the number one choice as far as sales goes.

If a coil will fix the issue then we will get a coil.

I don't think everyone is having it.

People who drive like me don't get it. On the floor or off the gas. Seems like the steady speed riders get it more.

Todd

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called dyna for several consecutive days and never got a hold of a technical support rep. ALways put on hold and left there. Sent them an email and got a response that the cure is to shim the needles. Thats about as far as i got with them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts