Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting on the Muzzy Exhaust,dyna jet kit that came with it. And now I seem to have a bit of hunting for a proper idle going on here, I know the jetting should not interfere with the idle circuit. and after getting it started again I figured that the change probably came from the physical manipulation of the carbs with the cables attatched, I took the throttle cable off but not the choke and had to do it by turning the carbs this way and that while still on the rig. I think its acting as if a stronger return spring would help out, allowing the provided throttle adjuster knob to be more accurate because when I open up the side and hold the throttle mechanism where I want it, it holds idle pretty well but its as if the cable may be bound a little tight but not really cause I checked. A quick blip of the pedal sends the idle back to normal about 50% of the time but not consistantly. Any thoughts? Oh Yeah the test drive was was very impressive over stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far yeah, I have heard some points about interupting the vacuum created in the airbox and it seems to make sense with these type of carbs, I will obviously up grade to a uni filter or a more efficient filter when needed I am just not convinced that the high end air boxes are really worth it yet . so far I just need to address the idleing issue and take it out as I have not driven it more than up the street and back since I got it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hard to guess. Double check that all cables are free and returning all the way at idle, sounds like that is what you have checked but be sure. Also check that no vacuum leaks, carbs are attached to intake boots 100%, if everything is good than possible carb adjustment or jetting??? Air/fuel mixtures set right, if nothing than else than buy or borrow an air/fuel gauge to get jetting correct! Stuff like this can drive you crazy because you don't know if it is something that you did or is because of the mods you added and something is not set up right? good luck!:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
My idle is all over the place also and just got on 150 miles on BBK, check my sig for the list of mods.

Running Dynojet 150/148,Pilots are 40's with 3 turns out. Mean Elevation is 1200 ft. TPI valve cut's in lid W/O valves(can buy a lot of 200mph tape for 60 bucks to open and close the slots)plus 2 extra 3/4 x 1 1/2 slots cut out.Outside Temp ranged around 70-85 degrees, This thing is running big time fat! Plugs are black and the Muzzy tips are black.When running around 15-35 mph and wack the gas I get a mild "pop",?? anytime over 56 mph and let off there is several small back fires(could be normal)but none under 50 mph. Any suggestions would be great as I don't have a A/F meeter and the taking the carbs off and on is no fast task.

·
Registered
98 Posts
bump...anyone with a A/F gauge doing some checking in these kinds of temps?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just pulled all the plastic and checked both plugs(no A/F gauge) of which have about 170 miles(after BBK install) on them,both light tan. Going to mess around with air screws and see if I can clean up some misfires.

·
Registered
98 Posts
placed both air screws at 3 turns(was2.5 Rr. 3 Fr.) moved the clip up the needle to the last groove w/both washers, mains from 148/150 to 165/170 Dynojet Jets,both TPI's wide open and this thing runs like a scalded dog!! 1200 ft above sea level 70 degrees out.:D:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
SRX what needle are you running H/W or D/J and what jets fact keihn jets or D/J jets. The numbers are different from one to the other. It sounds like you ended up vary close to what i have in mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
SRX what needle are you running H/W or D/J and what jets fact keihn jets or D/J jets. The numbers are different from one to the other. It sounds like you ended up vary close to what i have in mine.
DJ Jets,HW needles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts