Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from my first outing in my new Teryx. It was over 2 days in the mountains of eastern Ky. It was on old wagon trials, ATV trials, Old logging roads, mountain top removal roads and now gas line roads. Some slow picking up rocky slops, foot deep dust and then mud and creek crossing and some high speed dusty gravel roads. We traveled 147 miles without a failure of any kind. I must tell you all it was a blast and much of it reminded me of my old USAC sprint car days. Sliding side ways with the wheels locked,steering with the break and throttle . These thing really handle well at speeds. My friend had a new Rhino and this Teryx blew it away on the fast gravel roads. When it was tight with much mud and high water it was even on both vehicles, those Rhino are fast coming out of corners. I wish I knew how to post pictures I would love to share the views with all of you.
I had some questions from this ride I want to get your opinions on.
1.) What type of riding requires the use of bead locks? The thought hit me when I was in full lock running as fast as a stock Teryx will run (DAA maybe I need bead locks)
2.) I had no spare with me and was wondering if you guys use any type of sealant in your tires like Slim to prevent a leak?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just returned from my first outing in my new Teryx. It was over 2 days in the mountains of eastern Ky. It was on old wagon trials, ATV trials, Old logging roads, mountain top removal roads and now gas line roads. Some slow picking up rocky slops, foot deep dust and then mud and creek crossing and some high speed dusty gravel roads. We traveled 147 miles without a failure of any kind. I must tell you all it was a blast and much of it reminded me of my old USAC sprint car days. Sliding side ways with the wheels locked,steering with the break and throttle . These thing really handle well at speeds. My friend had a new Rhino and this Teryx blew it away on the fast gravel roads. When it was tight with much mud and high water it was even on both vehicles, those Rhino are fast coming out of corners. I wish I knew how to post pictures I would love to share the views with all of you.
I had some questions from this ride I want to get your opinions on.
1.) What type of riding requires the use of bead locks? The thought hit me when I was in full lock running as fast as a stock Teryx will run (DAA maybe I need bead locks)
2.) I had no spare with me and was wondering if you guys use any type of sealant in your tires like Slim to prevent a leak?
I use green slime in mine. But I didnt put it in untill I had so many little punctures it was either that or buy new tires. I have to admit the slime works well. It looks like my tires have been shot with a shotgun and will go from 12PSI to 5PSI after sitting for a few weeks.. But no lower. Just put a little air in and I am good for another few weeks. Did you go to Black MTN? Wait to you see a 840 Teryx.. You will think the Rhino is powered by the Flintstone method.. yaba daba dooo:laugh:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No black mtn this time. It was around Whitesburg and Isom KY. The police turn their heads when they pass us on the public roads. We used public roads to link mountain to mountain. I'm hoping we can keep it a secret for as long as possible. We saw trails and roads going up mountains every where we looked. We rode all those miles and never rode the same road or trial twice. It is truly a hidden charm. I even stopped at one place and bought some white lighting from a very colorful gentleman , man what a place to ride and what a week end. Wish you all could come with us.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds like you Guys had a blast...I tried some home made Moonshine while fishing Dale Hollow, met a couple of ole timers checking their Trot lines...The taste stayed with you all day..:banging:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whitesburg is a blast to ride. I went a few years back and rode alot of strip mines, and Little Shepard trail. I would like to go back one day. I'm going to try to make a trip to Pikeville in a few weeks with a few friends.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. I use Slime in my tires and it seems to be working well.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I use tire plugs, a small compressor and a can a fix a flat. I have always been able to drive out without a spare.

·
Registered
492 Posts
you should be ok with out beadlock as long as you dont air the tires down a bunch in the sand dunes we run around 6 pounds of air so its easy to pop a bead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts