Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to my first service. Called the dealer they want 398 plus oil and filter. What? What? I about shit. Just wondering if someone knew how important it was and if you could do it yourself. They said they shim and adjust the belt. But I just put a gfi and belt in. They adjust the valves and so on. I kinda think it's bs. Any info would be awsome

·
Registered
311 Posts
Buy a service manual get the book, and do it your self. the dumb asses only but 1 qt of oil in my motor. charged me 150.00

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow , sounds like they'er using you to retool thier shop for Teryx's .

·
Registered
526 Posts
dealer sells the service manuals for $85

·
Registered
35 Posts
Brought mine in for its 20 hr service. They changed the spark plugs, oil and filter and checked the front and rear differential for oil(didn't change it) all for $195.00 Won't do that again. I figured it would be good for the warranty. Needless to say they won't get it for the 50 hr service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a Kawasaki Prairie 650 and need to do some work on it so I went to E Bay and bought a download from Manual Man for $5 or $6 dollars. It is the same one the mechanics use to work on the bikes. Didn't check on the Teryx for a manual yet, but I bet you can get one on line. You just have to download it and print the pages you want.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Took mine in for 20 hr service dumbasses done a 50 service. After a battle fixed the prob & only put 1 qt of oil in my motor. done with them. Hard copy on manul is well worth the money.You have it right there in your hand. got mine from dealer that I bought from. not dumbass local one. Seen some on e-bay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I'll have to get a manual. Has anyone adjusted the valves and how would you know if they need adjustment. Can you hear it. Or is it just a torque spec thing

·
383 Posts
Yea I'll have to get a manual. Has anyone adjusted the valves and how would you know if they need adjustment. Can you hear it. Or is it just a torque spec thing
If you notice lacking power and harder than normal starting. When the valves wear they pound into the seats and don't close all the way resulting in performance loss and hard starting. Or so Iv'e been told. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts