Teryx HQ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one gotten water and or mud in there head lights ? well i have so i sent it to the dealer to get both blown out head lights replaced along with the 2 recalls so today is the 4th day they had it so i call them to see whats up and they tell me they replaced and cleaned the head lights but kawi said there was no problems with anyone elses and that they would replace them this time but not if there was a next time now my buddy has the same exact teryx as me . we went through the same exact mud and he had no problems so needless to say i am not happy with my dealer:mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dim Headlight

I have not had this problem, however I have one dim headllight. When I brought it home from the dealership I turned the headlights on and the driver's side was dim. I'm assume that it is a ground problem. I've traced some of the wiring and cant find any problems. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did they replace the bulbs or the whole assembly. The head lights should be sealed, so if they just replaced the bulbs, you will have the same problem again. They should replace the whole assembly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they just replaced the bulbs and said they put more silicone on the wires where they connect to the housing i got a good feeling i will have more problems and i can for see a fight with the dealer/kawi but only time will tell i am kinda upset they didn't replace the whole assembly:mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Take the assembly off hold it underwater and see where it leaks... They may have fixed it, or maybe not, but you will be able to tell :)

they just replaced the bulbs and said they put more silicone on the wires where they connect to the housing i got a good feeling i will have more problems and i can for see a fight with the dealer/kawi but only time will tell i am kinda upset they didn't replace the whole assembly:mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
This happens a lot on other ATV models. Some have used two rubber "washers" between the bulb and the assembly to make a tighter seal; some have sealed the bulbs with silicone. What I do is when I get mud in there I wash them out with windshield washer fluid as soon as I get home. Sooner or later the reflective properties of the housing will be lost if the water/mud is not stopped from entering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts