Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I first bought my teryx with less then 20 hours on it the frame bent in "the spot". This happened to my old Rhino also So I took it apart plated the fram welded on some new tabs a little spray paint and done. Now the other side has bent but Im going to do it a little different this time. I used CAD to draw up some parts to fix it and will have them cut. Basically it all will fit together like a puzzle. I hope.

My frame bent on the front mount this time. But the other side was the rear. My Rhino was also the rear.

This next one is a screen shot from cad it is the main plate that will go along th frame rail. It will be cat from 3/16. The two 1/4" cut lines in the center are just to weld to the frame. The other cut out holes are where the arm mounts will go.

This next one is a screen shot of the tab. I will need four of these per side. You can see how they will fit in the main plate and have a lip for the top gusset to line up with.

And this is the top gusset. I will need two of these per side. It slides into the top hole and has cut outs to fit in the lip of the side tab.

What do you guys think? Has any one seen this done before? Does anyone sell a kit already?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen any kits available, but am curious how it is you bend these frames?
There is nothing real special that comes to mind. The frame maybe strong enough to hit some mud puddles or put through the woods but they don't stand up to any real amount of abuse. It seems like anyone who rides in the desert shares the same fate at some point and will bend the frame.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It seem pretty common. Check the near the welds for the lower a-arm mounts. You may notice the paint starting to crack. If your paint is chipping or cracked at this location then you have started to bend the or push in the frame.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Doesn't take much, just bent mine from a minor collision with a tree, frame just buckled in a lil bit where a arm mounts, would be interested in a kit, deviant, first time u fixed did u cut the tabs a-arms mount to, weld plate to frame, then re-weld new tabs? How did this hold up?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't take much, just bent mine from a minor collision with a tree, frame just buckled in a lil bit where a arm mounts, would be interested in a kit, deviant, first time u fixed did u cut the tabs a-arms mount to, weld plate to frame, then re-weld new tabs? How did this hold up?
Yes that's what I did. But I took the good side apart and made a jig so the spacing was correct. It has held up just fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to my friend Dugs Shop last night to cut these out on his CNC plasma table. I guess these will have to be a prototype since a few of my measurements are off after mocking it up this morning. No big deal i will correct it in the DXF File and be ready to rock soon.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice work man, cant believe no one sells a kit like this, are u gonna sell any??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work man, cant believe no one sells a kit like this, are u gonna sell any??
Ya when I get it down I will have Dug burn me out half a dozen sets or so. I can't be the only 1 that needs it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
How would you go about making sure u get them welded to frame in just the right spot?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How would you go about making sure u get them welded to frame in just the right spot?
With the size of the frame plate their isnt much room for error but I would trust any one with the skill to weld this together would pull out a tape measure and check it against the other side before fully welding it up.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would be interested too, depending on $
You tell me what you think is fair? Im going tomorrow to have Dug cut the new ones out and if I can talk him into doing it for what your willing to pay then cool.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I might pay $100, any more I would prolly just plate it, im just a poor shift working white boy, but based on the fact that plenty ppl will spend pretty good coin on a billet tow hook you could prolly get alot more, especially if you chrome plate them;) please don't be offended if my # is way off as I don't know what kinda time/cost u would have into this, your build threads always catch my attention and I appreciate your willingness to share your ideas, I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts mass producing a copy of these,,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might pay $100, any more I would prolly just plate it, im just a poor shift working white boy, but based on the fact that plenty ppl will spend pretty good coin on a billet tow hook you could prolly get alot more, especially if you chrome plate them;) please don't be offended if my # is way off as I don't know what kinda time/cost u would have into this, your build threads always catch my attention and I appreciate your willingness to share your ideas, I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts mass producing a copy of these,,
I was thinking more like the $30-$40 range is what they will end up costing. If you want to give it a shot I will have two cut tomorrow. I will do the first one for $25 shipped if you want to give it a shot?
I never know if its worth it to other people but at $30-$40 it would cover material Dugs time and my gas getting it all together and help out other teryx owners that need their frames fixed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hells ya, if u take PayPal email me your info and let me know when u have some ready and ill get u payment right away, just dont rush on my account, your a cool mofo, just made my day:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hells ya, if u take PayPal email me your info and let me know when u have some ready and ill get u payment right away, just dont rush on my account, your a cool mofo, just made my day:)
Woops, I meant pm, or email, [email protected]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts