Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would gas be ok to clean the air cleaner and would a good gun oil or even 3in 1 oil be ok to dampen the foam back with? They call for high flashpoint cleaner and a foam air cleaner oil. What do you think on this.

Thanks once again!
Dennis

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I do not use foam filters, so I will leave this to someone who knows more. With that said though, I have known people to use gas to clean their foam filters, however, never heard of anyone using gun oil. The one foam filter oil that I have known people to use is the No-Toil.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use No Toil Biodegradable Filter Oil it works well.

I hate dealing with gas

You have to use the cleaner and the oil they make for it to work.

For this to work you have to clean the filter with a high flash cleaner. I would get a can of air filter cleaner from the dealer and pick up the combo pack of notoil cleaner and filter oil and tube of grease.

Once you get the filter clean and dry now you can reoil the filter with notoil and the next time you have to clean it use the notoil powder and warm water.

Easy clean up from here out.

The grease is for the end of the filter to match to the carbs to keep dirt out.

Not sure of the Gun oil I would think that gun oil is for GUNS

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use No Toil Biodegradable Filter Oil it works well.

I hate dealing with gas

You have to use the cleaner and the oil they make for it to work.

For this to work you have to clean the filter with a high flash cleaner. I would get a can of air filter cleaner from the dealer and pick up the combo pack of notoil cleaner and filter oil and tube of grease.

Once you get the filter clean and dry now you can reoil the filter with notoil and the next time you have to clean it use the notoil powder and warm water.

Easy clean up from here out.

The grease is for the end of the filter to match to the carbs to keep dirt out.

Not sure of the Gun oil I would think that gun oil is for GUNS
X 2 No toil is a no hassle set up that you can do anywhere. Just don't mix and match!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts