Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three belts that need to be tested. I have a new factory belt on mine, so I thought I would make these available to our members. All I will ask is that you pay shipping and provide feedback after you have had a chance to use them. Please let me know if you are interested, I only have three so I will attempt to send them to three different people with different mods on their Teryx. If you have no intention of writing a review after you have had a chance to try them, please do not have me send you one.

The belts are manufactured by Dayco who are not new to the industry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
shoot me a pm if you would like me to stress test one on the 840. as you know my last factory belt lasted 22hrs. would love to find one that would last longer and would be happy to write a review!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I think your machine would be a good one, shoot me your address via PM and I will let you know what it will cost to ship.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in the upper pennisula of Michigan and have a vent racing clutch kit and a cdi. I do mostly trail riding, mudding, and some work (plowing and hauling firewood). I am on my second belt and would like to test the dayco if you are interested.

·
Registered
293 Posts
mods are in my sig

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have Dynatek cdi and jet kit. We do alot of rock crawling, hill climbing, trails some trails with water crossings. Little bit of sand at little sahara and alot of chats. Derek

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
DP
Why are you posting free belt tests on the "other" forum? Keep the good stuff on the home site.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DP
Why are you posting free belt tests on the "other" forum? Keep the good stuff on the home site.
I am interested in helping all Teryx owners out, so I thought I would give them a chance as well, if I did not get three people from here then I would pick from there, but we have enough here ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd be interested in trying one out....I'm on my third belt already only 70 hours.
No need to ship to me.....67th and Happy Valley.....

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long does it take to change these belts after you have done it a few times? Also do you get any kind of warning before they break?
I would say the majority of time will be spent removing the cover and getting the tank out...once that is done, replacing the belt should not take long at all. As far as a warning, the only warning I got was I burned the belt, then on a WOT run, heard a loud snap and I stopped moving, lol ;)
I'd be interested in trying one out....I'm on my third belt already only 70 hours.

No need to ship to me.....67th and Happy Valley.....
All the belts are accounted for at this time, however, if anything falls through I will be sure to let you know :good:

·
Registered
266 Posts
shoot me a pm if you would like me to stress test one on the 840. as you know my last factory belt lasted 22hrs. would love to find one that would last longer and would be happy to write a review!
Chase,
Just wondering why you don't use an extreme duty belt instead of the stock belt? Also, with all the added HP's your putting to the wheels, is 22 hrs about the normal time your belts have been lasting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just made it back from Mud Nationals and wanted to comment on Dayco. They had a booth setup and were giving away the new extreme duty belts to those who needed them. They just asked that you bring back your used belt and tell them what you thought. I know several people who made multiple trips to get belts without needing them, one guy got FOUR! I talked to one of the Dayco guys about the Teryx and he offered me one after I told him I had a little slippage. I turned down the belt as I had a backup Kawa belt in the truck and preferred to leave the belts to someone else who may have needed one. I hate that people that I'm friends with abused Dayco's generosity. My next belt purchase will be the Dayco. If any reps of Dayco read this forum, I want to say thank you.

As a side note, I ended up smoking my belt Saturday evening making it through a swamp to help a friend out. The EPI clutch I have has been making a "clattering" for a few weeks. I think I'll go ahead with the Dalton clutch kit this go around. I'll be looking for recommendations later as to how I should set it up with the 31" outlaws.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have 75 hours on stock belt adjusted once and machined the stock cap. Added spring on secondary....No problems so far!!....oh shit I just heard a noise in the trailer belt just snapped since i said that....LOL:laugh:

·
Registered
293 Posts
thats pretty good of dayco to hand out freebies at nats!

·
Registered
98 Posts
What's going on with these test belts? Looking to purchase a spare real soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I cant hardly go out riding with out smoking my belt.... its real bad in reverse. 50miles two broke belts.... just made it my third this weekend. Anyone have any clutch or gearing suggestions for my rig. 2009 on 32inch silver backs and dragonfire racing. Epi mudder clutch kit. I love these tire but I am afraid i am going to have to just to a 30in mudlite. I would try the belt out

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to the dayco booth to buy a belt and the guy told me he could give me a test belt if mine gave me problems, which mine did after about one day of pulling people out. I am on belt #3 with 23 hours on 31" outlaws.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So if I'm hearing this all right, no one has put anytime on the Dayco Belt?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dayco rep told me he would give me a belt to test if I would give him some feedback on it. I figured why not for a free belt. I would try emailing dayco and see if they would send you a tester.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts