Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my fresh air snorkle, except for installing the pre-filter and cleaning up the hose clamps. With our severe talc powder type dust I hope relocating the intake will help keep the new Uni filter cleaner.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pre-filter came in and is installed. Took a 60 mile ride yesterday and checked my main Uni filter after getting back ... it looked as clean as it did when I left. Very happy with this set-up!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the super fine Nevada dust. I guess that's what is to be expected with 10% humidity in the summer around here. I too am concerned about the fine dust which is why I dumped the K&N in favor of the UNI from Hunterworks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Often people don't understand what it means to be driving through talcum powder type dust that just lingers in the air around you. The Uni system I got from Todd is great, but where the Teryx draws its air from (OEM) is really lacking in thought and the reason for my snorkle. I don't mind doing the maint. (cleaning the filter), but the location of that filter and having to do it so often takes some of the fun out of it.

So far I haven't found any indication of it running rich, but will be watching it close.

How is your engine swap going?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is all in and done. In fact, I have taken it out a few times outside the house. Sure is nice having BLM as my back yard. :D
It runs well, but I am still not very comfortable with it, see my thread on the throttle issue. I am supposed to be going on a group ride tomorrow at Sand Springs mountains (across from Sand Mountain) and was going to see if you wanted to come along, but doubt I will be going as they changed the meet up time to 7am at Harmon Junction to beat the heat. A bit early for me on a Saturday. :p

If I do go, I will take my 700 Kingquad until I get more used to the side by side. I am just too inexperienced with this machine to go up some of those grades with sheer drop offs and off camber trails. I haven't been there before, so not sure how it is, but have heard there is about a mile stretch that my buddy described as a "rocky shelf trail". At nearly 60 years old, my thrill seeking days are behind me. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts