Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an install guide or anything out there to change the front and rear brakes. I just want to make sure everything is correct. The front brakes shouldn't be that big of deal I would think, but the rear may be, mine has 1200 miles on it I know it needs front brakes, but would you think the rear is wore out too, because it has the wet brakes right so, shouldn't they last longer.

·
Registered
318 Posts
rear brakes r prolly ok unless you have run it with parking brake on,. Go to long travel industries website, they have a link to service manual u can look at right on their site.

·
Registered
78 Posts
from another thread
Just need 3 friction disk and gasket. 3 to 4 hour job. Take bed off and muffler , rear driveshaft , brake line and park brake cable. Take front cover off rear diff and the brake assy will be in there. Take gasket lock screw out and un stack disk. Remove rear brake master cylinder. This will take slack out so you can restack your disk with new frictions. Remember to re-oil as you put back in the same order
rear driveshaft - pull the rubber boot to the front of the teryx . you will see a snap ring. open it just enough to slide it forward. the shaft is spring loaded .push it to the back and it will clear the splines and remove it

This was copied from a few threads I had my info from.
I did take my bed off but did not take stock muffler off.

friction disk part number 41080-1482 3pcs $29 each
the gasket is 11061-0270,

I just ordered front pads, that is my next task along with belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesn't sound to bad, I more than likely will do the front and see what happens from there....I have ordered front pads, so when I get them in I will change them and then see what happens.

·
Registered
375 Posts
doesn't sound to bad, I more than likely will do the front and see what happens from there....I have ordered front pads, so when I get them in I will change them and then see what happens.
Your going to need rear too. That was my thread that described the job. Not bad if you have any mechanical abilities. If your close to the Louisville,ky area
I can shoot you a price on the job if you dont want to tackle it yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I don't do the rear myself, I have a guy just up the road that works on all of them, he does everything and he's real good too....been working on our stuff for years............but thanks for the offer anyways.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts