Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from some of you mudder guys. I pushed my bike pretty hard this weekend at a derby. I found that in 4wd with diff lock on I would hear clunking in the front diff and the front right tire would not engage as I would expect it too. Is this normal. Now let me explain this was in a mudhole and under heavy load not under regular conditions. Does the front diff slip? I think I've heard guys adjusting the front diff cable as it stretches. Could this be the problem. What is the proper way to test that the diff lock is working properly? Sorry new to Kawi diffs have not worked with adjusting them at all. Came off a polaris. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds like you busted the cv joint. If you have any sand that helps to see if both fronts are pulling. Put the bike in 4 wheel and lock the diff. Take off slowly in the sand and watch your front tires. See if if they hook up. Look at the cv joint on the diff side of the axle. You may need to pull the boot to see if it is busted. Just know that if you pull the boot and it's not busted you need to pack it with grease and reseal it back. The cvs are the first things to check if you have q tire not pulling or if you hear a clicking sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts