Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my hood off and noticed front diff leak (small leak) where the shaft goes in. How hard is it to relace seal and what all has to be removed to get to it. I did buy the extended warranty which alot of you do not recomend but I think i will use it on this one if i can find a dealer that i trust. I did all my own mod installations and feel confident that i could do this myself but what the heck, i might try to get some use of my warranty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I say use the warranty. That's why you bought it. But from what I hear, it's not hard to change it. Don't let it go to long with out changing it though, or you will have bigger issues. I will be pulling my front diff out tomorrow because my seal failed and I didn't know it till it was to late.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
It can be replaced by simply disconnecting the front drive shaft, prying the old seal out and sliding over front drive shaft and then slide new on it and you can almost push new seal in with fingers.

But don't be surprised if that is not the seal that is not leaking and it is the one on the inside of the yoke under the nut that holds it on.

This is the one that gets hot from spinning in 2wd and melts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts