Teryx HQ banner

Front Diff Vac Line

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  crow 
#1 ·
Playing around in water the other day and then started having issues with shifting 2wd to 4wd and back.Took it to the dealer today and found moisture in the vacuum line that I assume was freezing up due to some colder temps we have right now (-10C).So the line was taken off and blown out but we are installing a new line.The issue is the water was not that deep.Anyone have issues out there and is there some preventive water sheilding or silicone that should be done-definately disappointed with a crappy little problem like that.

#5 ·
I kind of have the same problem except I left my skid plates off and I think I damaged the front diff cable for locking up 4x4 because it is sticking. Never had the actuator not work or freeze up but been through lots of water, probably dried out in warm garage. Good info to remember though, if it freezes up while in 4x4, did it kick it into 2x4???

#6 ·
I had the same problem, I pulled it in the shop & let it warm up. Then it worked fine. Thought it was just water in the cable, Maybe I will look closer. And when I left it in 4x4, it was still in 4x4 when left in the cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.