Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of the teryx tore down, getting ready to install the Four Stroke Tech, std bore pistons stage 2 cams, muzzy exhaust, dalton clutch kit. VDI. fst box just showed up so more pics to come.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Man thats a clean engine compartment!! You will love the new found power. Just got to do some riding this past weekend on my FST 840 teryx and I LOVE IT!! The power difference is just unbelievable, I cant get the smile off my face!:D

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
You are going to love your new mods, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Pictures and what is needed would be appreciated, I have the same kit coming from Mickey so will be doing the same, hopefully over the New Years break if have everything and time. Thanks, keep us posted!:good:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ITS DONE! finished it up today, broke it in through a couple heat cycles, running 178/180 mains, needles shimmed with 2 washers, 6 1" holes in the airbox lid + plus the stock intake hole, jetting seems to be spot on perfect. On the dalton clutch kit i installed the weights with no rivets or grub screws. im running 27" bighorns and it will leave blackmarks on asphalt, i am really really impressed with this setup, couldnt be happier. Going to get some videos of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I love my STD Bore Kit as well. Working on the property this past weekend, I would not have made it out of the hole a few times without the extra power, and I had the wife with me which made it that much more important to power out of the hole and make it.

Thank you Mickey!!

Here are a few photos I shot with my iPhone. The first thing you will notice is that you could eat off Bret's machine, my engine is a bit more dirty for sure, I had right at 196 hours when we installed this kit. We did not remove the gas tank to do this install.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a few photos I shot with my iPhone. The first thing you will notice is that you could eat off Bret's machine, my engine is a bit more dirty for sure, I had right at 196 hours when we installed this kit. We did not remove the gas tank to do this install.
Mine was probably as dirty as yours i just spent alot of time at the pressure washer beforehand, i had the gas tank out because i was installing the dalton clutch kit at the same time.
here is the compressor i ended up using, made the spring install a breeze.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bret and Megallen, what cdi boxes are you guys using? I have the VDI with my FST 840 kit and it seems to be cutting out at 58 mph, just like the stocker does at 48. My clutch was stock at the time, Im in the process of installing the dalton kit with the overdrive cover, hope to see an increase, but I think my VDI rev limit needs raised. Let me know what you guys getting!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have the Dynatek programmable CDI I got from Todd at Hunterworks. I am actually still running the Hunterworks custom Curve and I have a TON more power than before the FST Std Bore Kit. Also speaking of the FST Std Bore Kit, I received my core deposit back, thank you Mickey.

My machine is KICKING BUTT now, I can drift the hell out of it in 4x4 I am VERY happy with my STD Bore Kit and all the mods. My son says it is like riding a roller coaster now, and he is only 8. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Megallen, the vid you shot of your blasting around your yard...did you have the 750 kit in at the time? What do you think so far and have you raced anyone with the 840 kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Megallen, the vid you shot of your blasting around your yard...did you have the 750 kit in at the time? What do you think so far and have you raced anyone with the 840 kit?

Thanks
No I did not at that time. The only video withthe STD Bore Kit is the FPV #2 Riding in the snow video.

I have not raced another Teryx period, I am the only one I know who has one who rides where I do, hopefully that will change soon. I have run with a couple of Rhinos, but they did not even try to race me. :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks Will, have you run across any dyno #'s as far as how much torque ea. kit puts out? I'm going to do one or the other...just would like to know the #'s
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts