·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it coming next year? What are the rumors? Thanks

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
If I had to make an educated guess, I would say yes. Rumors have it they wanted to get rid of the overstock of carbs this year so they through them on the Teryx. Next model year, I have a strong feeling you will see EFI.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
What I hear is 2010. Too much money spent on the design to change it after one year model. Look at the EFI rhino they had to spend alot of money to get it to efi because of all the changes to body and the addition of the new intake and I promise you the expense on injection molding is very high.

Todd

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
This is a good point Todd, but remember the Rhino also received a new engine, they did not FI the existing 660 that was in there. In the case of the Kawasaki, the brute force already has the same motor with EFI, therefore, how much work would really be necessary?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Oh my mistake. Yes, no one will really know exactly what is going on until a release by Kawasaki is made. We will just have to wait and see :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Who knows, maybe the EFI will work into my time schedule.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if is a really big deal except on cold mornings. I have a Honda rincon 650 carb and i ride with a buddy that has a 680 rincon FI, can stay right with him when we run.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I cannot guaranty the accuracy of this, however, in speaking with someone who will be developing something for the fuel injected Teryx, he tells he that the fuel injected Teryx will be available starting in September 2008.

·
Registered
180 Posts
A new Controller for the FI, Might I inquire??? HA HA More electronics. Now I'm gonna need a VDI, FI controller, CDI. Well I'll be a PBG, with an EW and with 2 youngins in college, I'll be pretty much workin OT 24/7/365 and won't be able to ride OAW. LMAO, LOL,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure if is a really big deal except on cold mornings. I have a Honda rincon 650 carb and i ride with a buddy that has a 680 rincon FI, can stay right with him when we run.
Fuel injection should also be more efficient and the main benefit is that there would be no more fiddling with jets for varying elevations and/or conditions for optimal performance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cannot guaranty the accuracy of this, however, in speaking with someone who will be developing something for the fuel injected Teryx, he tells he that the fuel injected Teryx will be available starting in September 2008.
That would be great, but seems a little optimistic.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
That would be great, but seems a little optimistic.
I agree, however, this is just what was told to me...guess we will know when they are out when we can see one at the dealership.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Efi

HRT Motorsports' Teryx engine built by Benchmark Performance will be running EFI when it debuts. I will also be doing a completely stand alone ecu for the production EFI Teryx whenever it does come out. It will be more money than a "programmer", but it will be capable of doing anything we want. Traction control, anti-lag for turbocharging, dataloging, etc. Stay tuned.......

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I will be curious to see what is involved to convert a carburated Teryx to a fuel injected Teryx.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nothing more than lots and lots of $$$$$$$. LOL DID the other Guy accept the challenge??? and did you get a sound clip of your Muzzy?? Thanks

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I cannot confirm this as of yet, however, I have been told that middle of September Kawasaki will debut their EFI Teryx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would everyone with an "Inside Guy" please share any info on EFI. I want a Teryx but would wait if one will be out in Sept. If not I will start shopping. thanks

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have been notitified that the EFI version will not release until 2010, however, nothing is 100% I suppose until they actually release that model year.

In speaking with someone, they explained that Kawasaki received a government contract and the government requested carburated models versus EFI.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts