Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new here and have a question. 2010 teryx had the fuel pump stopped and took it apart cleaned the so called sock that cant be replace run fine. now it is like it is starving for fuel when you are in gear. it will go as long as you go easy, not stomping. cuts out real bad . reckon it could still be the fuel pump. any help will be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
hi i am new here and have a question. 2010 teryx had the fuel pump stopped and took it apart cleaned the so called sock that cant be replace run fine. now it is like it is starving for fuel when you are in gear. it will go as long as you go easy, not stomping. cuts out real bad . reckon it could still be the fuel pump. any help will be appreciated, thanks
Most likely. Your dealer should have a pressure gauge to check the pressure, seems like it should be around 43lbs.

If you do have to get a new one, I want your old one. Been wanting to see if I can find a way to fix these but don't want to buy a new one to take a apart

Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the crazy to me because when i took the fuel line off today that thing shot fuel 3 feet high. that is i thought it just might be something else.

·
Registered
177 Posts
this is the crazy to me because when i took the fuel line off today that thing shot fuel 3 feet high. that is i thought it just might be something else.
Injector problems?

·
Registered
6 Posts
fuel pump issues

jeremy,, i have a 2010 T. sport,, i had same problem you described...50 hrs on unit,, fuel pump was fine.. the issue was the sensor on the parking brake was too tight and caused the stalling under load,, popping like a fuel starve.. we adjusted the tension on the parking brake,,, problem stopped.. easy ck,,, pull up on the park brake pedal, in gear give it gas,,, the dealer i use had not seen this before, but that was my fix,,, it runs like a bat out of hell... good luck...don w...:flag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts