Teryx HQ banner

Full Exhaust Installation

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Dynoray 
#1 ·
Question for the those of you who installed full exhaust systems on your machines.

Did you HAVE to remove the bed in order to install the system, or is there enough room to get in there with taking off the center console?

I am concerned about doing the cage, lighting, seats, etc and then in the future running into an issue if I choose to do the full exhaust system.

#3 ·
Well that is great news, thanks!

#4 ·
diesel,

During the R&D process for the Muzzy full system, we were able to do the install without removing the bed. There's plenty of room although securing the bed in the "up" position is highly recommended. Other than that, it's the left seat and left lower cover, heat shield etc... Basically anything that's in the way of allowing removal of the stock exhaust.

#5 ·
Ya see the main issue is the fact that I cannot tilt the bed at all due to the cage being back there.

I think I can do everything by removing the skid plates...which I have to do anyway to replace them :)

Thanks for the feedback, your exhaust is going to be killer!

#8 ·
I will see if I can arrange something with a vendor or Muzzys for you guys.

#9 ·
Murray,

This is Todd over at Hunterworks. I want to get one of your systems to test on our dyno. I have been a big fan of two into one and would like to see what Muzzy's cross pipe does.

I will be buying a full true dual system and a two into one system as well and will be testing all three with the CVT locked out so I can see where in the RPM range they make power and how much. I am of the opinion that a true dual loses the positive effects of two exhaust pulses in the same pipe pushing and pulling on each other to maintain velocity to get the exhaust on out.

In the end we plan on selling the system or systems that work best. I personally feel a lot of people will want the dual for looks but I want to make sure they will perform. The reason I am interested in Muzzy's is the two into one and back to two.

By the way, Hunterworks is NOT the normal kind of retail operation. We put our money where our mouth is and back it up with customer service and tech support.

If your interested in a relationship with us, give me a call this week at 1-888-626-7449

Also, if the system works out and if we sell it there will be a install video and a discount for TeryxHQ members.

#10 ·
Full exhaust testing

Hey Todd, Be sure & let us know when you or your guys have a chance to install/test the exhausts. Your statements about the advantage of 2 into 1 into 2 sounds very logical to a neophyte like me. I'm really in no hurry as it will be a while until I have 20 hrs on the machine, but when I do, I thought I'd have my dealer do the Dynatek programmable, exhaust, & maybe some intake work while he has it in. Like Jcummins, I'll be using mine for utility & hunting so I won't want it too loud-just a nice deep powerful sound. I still haven't heard one on this site, or have I missed a sound clip on another thread? Hope your foot/ankle is doing somewhat better now. You are in my thoughts & prayers. Happy Fathers' Day. Hunter is just a little older than my grandson & it sounds like he's one lucky guy!:D

#11 ·
I just got the Muzzy exhaust and installed it myself. I will say that it is very high quality from the ease of putting it on to the finished look, not to mention it sounds great and does add some kick. It's nice when you feel like you spent the bucks and got what you paid for. Great job Muzzy's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.