Teryx HQ banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone removed the stock spark arrestor ? its supposed to gain 3 to 7 hp ! i think i will try it i let everone know if i feel a difference

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yes you will see slight gains with the stock spark arrestor removal :)

Just be careful riding in Federal Lands.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
As Todd said :good:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess that will do till i have some extra money for the muzzy thanx for the info and ps to hunter works i just got my winch mount plate from u guys and hopefully will have the winch today

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took off my stock tip and replaced it with one from dirt peformance and then turned down the idle.Love the sound and the faster gas and air gets out the better

·
Registered
165 Posts
never really noticed a difference with the spark arrestor out. it is a little bit louder

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did nothing to the baffle, but the new tip from DPI (sorry Todd) was quite a bit larger and let the exhaust out faster. No louder that I can tell ,But it sounds alot better for no more then I did. The spark arrester is removed also but if you ride in dry areas a tight screen over exhaust outlet and before tip works.:wave:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took out the stock spark arrester and small opening tip 1st. The exhaust heated up the plastic tailgate to much for my tastes so I ordered this tip not to increase HP as I am always a sceptic of HP gains until I see a dyno report on said horepower increase. What the tip offered to me was a redirection of exhaust gases and the big plus was a deeper more mellow sound. I have no idea of HP gains because I have no dyno to test on. Sorry if I made it out to be more then it was

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm sorry for so many "newbie" posts, but how much of a gain is 2.5 HP for the Teryx? On a Jeep 2.5 HP wouldn't be worth anything, but on a Teryx?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts