Never heard of it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Genesis who? what? - never heard of them.:confused:

·
Registered
516 Posts
They don't list it for the Teryx on their site, they list the Kawi 650/750 for $35. Seems pretty cheap to me if it is any good. Some people, if you don't charge them enough they don't think that they are getting anything good!:laugh:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
It could hurt to try if it leans out and damages the motor.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Think about this

08 model, add a CDI which adds the timing for more power and get the carb jetted right with the correct air/fuel ratio.

You might gain 3 maybe 4 HP so there is no way a box that does fuel only can do anything really and the claim of 25hp is crazy. Of course they say up to and I guess 1hp is up to 25hp.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's probably a $3 resistor wired into one of the secondary sensors to alter the signal and add fuel. For example, if you alter the air temp signal, you can put the ECU into continuous warm-up (choke) mode. I was working on automotive EFI systems in the 80's when everyone tried this sort of thing; it doesn't work.

Harry
www.thunderhawkperformance.com

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Think about this

08 model, add a CDI which adds the timing for more power and get the carb jetted right with the correct air/fuel ratio.

You might gain 3 maybe 4 HP so there is no way a box that does fuel only can do anything really and the claim of 25hp is crazy. Of course they say up to and I guess 1hp is up to 25hp.
Ya 25hp on this mod, I think not. Heck I did CDI, exhaust, 840 kit and gained what 24hp. Not thinking the claims are correct. But to your point, 1hp is "up tp 25hp"

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
They replied with a one liner that said "Our box alters timing and fuel for more power".

I was thinking well thanks for all the explanation!!
I think Thunderhawk hit the nail on the head.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts