Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 09 Monster Energy Teryx that he wants to trade me. It has 150 hrs, a chip, and a full Muzzy exhaust. The exhaust is way to loud for me. Can I buy a quieter exhaust or a used factory exhaust at a decent price, or trade the $800 Muzzy to someone for their factory muffler.

Also, the speedometer only reads half the correct speed. Is this from the chip, or is it an easy fix?

I could buy this Teryx for around 7000, or I could buy a brand new 08 Teryx for 8500. The 08 doesn't have fuel injection, is this a big deal?

Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I would think that will be no problem I would deffinitely trade but I have already sold my stock muffler but don't worry you will get many offers to trade stock for Muzzy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Std Muzzy' come with quiet cores and spark arrestors, they have most likely never been removed from the system. If they have then you can purchase new ones.

Only the Muzzy Pro systems are capable of running the Whisper Cores.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The "chip" if it is the one from early on before the MSD called a speedo healer and it was plugged into the speed sensor that is your speedo issue.

Remove it and get a MSD

Don't get rid of your Muzzy, lots of HP gain there.

Check to see if the quiet cores are in there and or buy a set of whisper cores but expect some power loss from the whisper cores.

Call me if you need more help on this.

Todd
601-626-7449

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Std Muzzy' come with quiet cores and spark arrestors, they have most likely never been removed from the system. If they have then you can purchase new ones.

Only the Muzzy Pro systems are capable of running the Whisper Cores.
There are whispers for standard muzzys as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts