Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my amp, everything was cool then I turned on my teryx(2009) and a lot of engine noise comming from the speakers.
So I move rca wire, speaker wire away from the power wire and I still have engine noise.
Can someone give me a little help?
Also I need to know where everybody install there amp on the teryx?(pics would be nice)
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm running the Hunterworks 50w amp for the ipod. It's a nice little unit. I mounted it under the hood, behind the dash, to the inside of the front panel (hard plastic piece the hood seals against)up high. It fit great and is protected from the elements.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Not sure what to tell you but here is some info from the Rhino 660 days.

The Dynatek CDI ran at a frequency which sent RF interference thru the air and some stereos picked it up.

With above mentioned, I said some stereos picked it up but not all.

Could be your amp is picking up RF from your ignition no matter what ignition you have.

Todd

·
Registered
668 Posts
Were did you run the hot wire, most times I experienced this was when I ran the hot wire off of something I shouldn't have. I direct wire to battery now, as long as you have an auto shut off and on, that works. If you can't get irritating sound out, maybe get a noise suppressor from Crutchfield or Best Buy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not sure what to tell you but here is some info from the Rhino 660 days.

The Dynatek CDI ran at a frequency which sent RF interference thru the air and some stereos picked it up.

With above mentioned, I said some stereos picked it up but not all.

Could be your amp is picking up RF from your ignition no matter what ignition you have.

Todd
My buddies Rhino is doing that how do you fix it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got rid of the noise, I just hooked up the ground wire to the negative side of the battery.
I ran the hot wire to the positive side of the battery and I do have a turn off switch to the battery.
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You really don't get 'engine noise' from a stator vehicle like you do an alternator in a car. We've done a few rhinos with noise from the CDI boxes like Hunterworks said. Swap the CDI and that does it. If not, then the problem is a ground potential mismatch or a faulty component like a bad amp (with a bad ground inside).

I've actually seen cars increase horsepower on a dyno by just replacing and adding ground cables. That little ground cable is as important as the battery cable.

Trevor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts