Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share some info with you guys about Gibson's new slip-on exhaust they just finished. I should get some in over the next couple of weeks. 7 HP gain and you never have to deal with replacing the exhaust packing. I went from dual Two brother exhaust (way too loud) to a Gibson on my Rhino and love it. The Two Brother's was WAY too loud! Here's the flyer they just sent me.

Just realized I can't insert a photo, just a link. As soon as I have the product added to my site I'll update this post.

Nice forums BTW!:)

Gibson TERYX Exhaust Slip-on

·
Registered
722 Posts
Do you have an idea on cost? What about db's? Shawn does nice stuff and is a stand up guy. This is the exhaust I would like to run on mine but don't want it to loud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Stainless will be $322.99....and I'll ship for free for board members. You also pay no tax since you're in AZ and I'm in CA. As far as DB level...I'll check and see if they've measured it and let you know. I know Gibson's known for high quality performance with minimal noise. I just switched out and there is a very NOTICEABLE difference in sound, the two brother's was so loud it hurt your ears after riding for any length of time....and I couldn't ride it around the neighborhood as I didn't want rocks getting thrown my way. The Gibson has a nice, deep note to it. I even put their exhaust on my Ford Powerstroke....it's awesome, sounds great and just a little louder then stock when you get on it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I will be waiting to see what the db is. Also does gibson or you for that matter know what jetting will be?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can select "Local Pick-up" under the shipping section and send me an Email from the site and mention you're a forum member. I can also send you a paypal request or take your CC info over the phone. I'll try and get an update from Gibson tomorrow on the Teryx exhaust and let you know. I know they're trying to catch up on backorders for the Rhino...but they like how much product I've been ordering so I'll see what they say. This week they told me they bumped up production on their SxS exhausts in hopes of getting caught up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
sounds good,did you get a db level yet?

·
Registered
722 Posts
db level and cost would be cool. I am working on a few other projects but this is definately on the list.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ok I feel a little stupid now I read that post but I have slept since then. Hey Diesel you stopping by RPM tomorrow?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
LOL no worries, sometimes things are missed.

Yes I think I am going to swing by there tomorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the latest from Gibson:

"Dale,
We are in process of getting some DB charts made. Per R&D they are all about 2 DB’S louder than stock (using theJ2005 method). "

Hope that helps some! Looks like they're finally catching up with production. I've got just about all of my Rhino orders in, so I suspect the RZR and Teryx stuff will start coming in shortly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
2 db's not bad keep us updated when they become availble.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
No that should not be too bad at all, I will be interested to hear one.

Hey if someone ends up getting one, try to get a soundclip. I have no problem hosting it on the site.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I too would like to hear one.

No that should not be too bad at all, I will be interested to hear one.

Hey if someone ends up getting one, try to get a soundclip. I have no problem hosting it on the site.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I am going to see about getting a sound clip for you guys. I will be back in touch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts