Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to take the Teryx to Glamis for the first time. I was impressed with the power. I stayed mostly in 2wd, but had to switch to 4x4 to get some places. The sand was very soft this weekend but the tires did well. Here's a couple pics.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Awesome, was it hot? The tires look good, how many paddles are you running?

I'm very jealous, I got to work all weekend :mad: Hoping to hit Glamis the weekend of Nov. 8th. I will be riding, either at dumont or glamis, I'm hoping the latter.

Crossing my fingers I will have my teryx in the week or so, wife ordered an '09 sport a week ago.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running 8 paddles in the rear. We got there Saturday night and the wind was howlin'. Blew the entire night. Even woke me up a couple times cause it was shakin' the trailer around. I knew it was for the better cause the sand would be smooth in the morning. Sunday was perfect, mid 80's, little breeze. Dunes all to ourselves. We counted 3 total rigs on Gecko Rd. Sunday afternoon. Now today, it was flat out hot. 90's before 11am. We decided to pack it up before it got to hot. Left Gecko Rd. at 11:47 and it was 92 and climbing. Saw a few guys with a truck, two bikes and an easy up. Tipped my hat to them. They are troopers.

Andy

·
Registered
293 Posts
it was mid 90's for the 4 days i was at the dunes last weekend.i work in that crap so it dont bother me!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Great pics, I will be seeing the dunes next week :yahoo:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have fun. Next time I'll be out is Halloween. Will install the HID's by that time and hopefully get a system in. Gotta talk to some people and get it arranged.

Andy

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nice pics Andy. Did you ever dune it with the stock tires? I am not sure if I want to invest in paddles or not. Guess I will make a trip first with the stock tires and decide.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I never did. I had a little bit of a swaying problem with the mohawks. I'm going to run the stock fronts this weekend and see if that does anything. But the paddles will stay on. If you've ran yours without paddles and want to drive one with paddles. Just let me know. I'll be in Glamis just about every weekend coming up.

Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
just got back from the dunes

I had my teryx out in Glamis this past weekend...along with four other teryx's that my friends have. I ran stock tires on my ss212's and we were back in the big bowls from olds, to china wall, and back over to the drags....we had one rhino 700 with a cdi installed in our group and we were constantly waiting for him, he could barely make it up olds until we dropped his tire pressure to 3 1/2 pounds....those things suck...no power. On the last day he rolled over a razor and snapped his steering rack in half and was done!!!

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
So you going to be our at Gordons Well this Friday for the UTV Mayhem II movie premier?

There are going to be a ton of us there.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey please do...I will send you a PM with my cell number...shoot a call when you get out there!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw you kids out there, whos is the one on the end with the 2 seater cage, the pre runner style one?

And were all 3 of you running stock tires? If so what air pressure are you running?

Have any of you had issues with oil in the air box?

·
Registered
16 Posts
the one with the pre runner cage is just a buddy of mine...not on this forum...yeah we were all running stock tires and had no problems....we were going back through all the big dunes..we were running about 4 pounds of pressure......it was just right...no need for paddles unless you got enough horse to spin them tires....like if you have a big bore kit installed...other than that..stock tires are fine..worked great!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another great weekend. A little hot on Saturday but that was cause there was zero breeze. Took a couple pics. No action pics ( its awfully hard to take a picture and drive at the same time).

Andy

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya it was hot in Gordons, we actually went down to the rope swing and took a little dip in the canal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts