Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Heading to Silverton Colorado next week and will be riding at altitudes between 10,000 -13,500 feet. Have 2008 T, stock, went to local shop here in west Phoenix said that it would cost $400 to rejet it. They said that I could run gas with 50% racing fuel and it should be fine, and clean air filter after every ride.

Question is, will the Teryx make it? Is there anything else I can do? A 660 rhino had to be towed thru parts of trail on trip last year.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hey All,

Heading to Silverton Colorado next week and will be riding at altitudes between 10,000 -13,500 feet. Have 2008 T, stock, went to local shop here in west Phoenix said that it would cost $400 to rejet it. They said that I could run gas with 50% racing fuel and it should be fine, and clean air filter after every ride.

Question is, will the Teryx make it? Is there anything else I can do? A 660 rhino had to be towed thru parts of trail on trip last year.

Thanks Guys
First thing I would do is never and I mean never go to that dealer again. One there is a very good chance they have no idea what jets you need and you can change the jets in about a hour start to finish.

A EFI would be much better, never rode that high so I am not much help.

Todd

·
Registered
6 Posts
First I would call a local kawi dealer in that area for jetting specs for there
altitude, Race fuel will be a waste of money, at that altitude your compression will be lower than at sea level, clutching will also be affected
because of the power loss the higher you go, it will need lighter cam arms or stiffer spring to maintain correct RPM.
In the snowmobile world a 800 at 9000ft runs about as well as a 600 at sea level. 2% loss for every 1000ft you go up

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I took mine to mammoth I just popped open the lid when needed, I would put one of the clips under it to hold it open more. It did lose power and top end. I have since rejetted but ended up buyin a air/fuel meter to get it right. I bought the jet kit from hunterworks and they helped me jet mine. You pretty much have to pull the whole carb off to be able to get to the jets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts