Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Navigon GPS for my truck over Christmas (I am the best Santa Claus I ever had). It seems well suited for a UTV due to it's size. It is 3"X 4" by 1/2" thick. Real precise on the road, but has no Topographical maps on it. Not sure if I could use it off road. What systems do y'all use??

·
Registered
722 Posts
There are a few that always seem to come up when talking sxs gps. Lowarance makes a couple the baja 540c or the Iway 600c. The Iway has a built in mp3 player and both seem to be well suited for extreme off road use. When I order mine I am going with the iway.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry or this is the other option that a lot of people like GlobalMap Baja 540C | Lowrance Either of these two gps would make a great addition to your Teryx.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gps

I'm currently running the 540c Baja from Lowrance.. I'm still learning all the features but I have to say I really like it so far.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
SoCal, if you do not mind me asking, where did you find the best place was to get the Baja 540C?

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey how about hooking us up with a Teryxhq group buy. I am looking at gps also so hook us up.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yikes, can't do it right this moment, but it appears that price is pretty much the norm.

Hmm group buy...that could be interesting depending on the number of people interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gps

When i was shopping around. That one guy on E-bay seemed to have the best deals. Locally in my area they were almost $100 more plus I had to pay sales tax.. I am one for local business support but I couldn't justify the extra cash for the unit. :(

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Oh I am hearing what you are saying for sure!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
It would be nice to have a combo portable unit so that you could still find your way back if your Teryx broke down. Just a thought.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Tiger gps has them for $489 Let me look though I am sure I say them for $450 and the Iway 600 for closer to $400.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I sat on hold for over an hour before hanging up with Lowrance. I will try again, however, from what I have heard the Iway is best suited for automobile use. I will do by best to confirm that though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a Garmin 60CSx mounted with a Garmin large diameter rail mount to the front crossbar above the hood of my 4 seat cage. Works really well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lowrance

I received an email from Lowrance today & I'm waiting to get a list of wholesalers from which I might purchase Baja units. Meanwhile, I do have a source for their XOG Crossover GPS & should be able to sell them for low $200's if the guy quoted me correctly. Will let you know as I get more info.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I just bought a Garmin 60c from Amazon, thinking about doing a little geocaching.
Ya geocaching is a lot of fun, I have done it a few times :)

I received an email from Lowrance today & I'm waiting to get a list of wholesalers from which I might purchase Baja units. Meanwhile, I do have a source for their XOG Crossover GPS & should be able to sell them for low $200's if the guy quoted me correctly. Will let you know as I get more info.
Thanks a lot, keep us in the loop on those Bajas!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts