Teryx HQ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone came up with an after market grab bar that is like the Rhino's on the left side of the passenger seat? Sure seems like a natural place for one.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have not seen one. I think Kawasaki's intention was for the passenger to use the handle at the top middle of the factory cage.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have a post of are grab handle for the stock cage on are forum FSTMOTORSPORTS titled FST grab handle.
PM me is you have any questions or requests.

Thanks 2X

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is what 2X is speaking of:

http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/fst-motorsports/482-new-fst-grab-bar-stock.html

I think what jerrylemon is looking for is that handle that is on the side of the passenger seat in the Rhino.

dieselpowered,

You are correct!! I thought he was looking for a grab bar on the cage!! HAHA If your lookiong for a grab bar for the seat send me a PM!! Im sure we could build you a custom bar that mounts to the seat!! I do know that the last teryx we had, had a grab bar attected to the seat. jerrylemon did yours not come with one for the factory??

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
That bar you are referring to my friend is on the right side of the passenger seat. He is looking for the bar that is mounted on the left side...between the seat and the center console.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just made one yesterday. I took a 1/2"pipe x 24" long and bent it so it goes in the same slot that the grab bar goes into on the right side of the seat. (the slot continues all the way across the seat). I bent it 90 degrees so it goes right along side the seat and then bent it again about 45 and to the left a little away from the seat. I put a soft rubber bicycle grip on it and it works perfect! Pretty easy to do with a pipe bender.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well look at you MacGyver, well done, share some pics when you get the chance as I am sure others may want to do something like this :) Well done!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ditto.....would like to see pics. I've been wanting something on the left side of the passenger seat for my grandson to grab onto - the ones on the cage are a bit of a reach for him.:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
New bolt on grab bar idea!

What do you guys think about this idea?

Under the center console is a 1" support for the whole shifter mechanism. If someone buildt a bolt on (clamped) bar that came through a small hole in the plastic center console and up at an angle similar to Yamaha's would that fit you needs? I fabed one up out an old bar of steel MX handle barsand was going to weld it on but then I got a gage with a bar already installed so I gave up on the idea.

There is plenty of room with stock seats but limited room with any aftermarket set up. Sounds like a perfect job for Hunterworks or anyone else willing to build something for sale.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put the Jet Trim seats in and used the grab bar that I built and it only needs to be a little taller. It is so easy to build that I will just bend another one up. I just have not figured out how to upload pictures on this to show you the final product. I would really like to show off the new seats as they are just over the top.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts