Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a 24" piece of 1/2" pipe and a pipe bender. Measure 6" from one end of the pipe and put it in the center of the bender. Bend the pipe 90 degrees. Rotate the pipe 90 dgrees (or a little more if you like the handle bending away from the seat towards the center console) and make another bend about 7 to 8 inches from the first bend. This bend can be 90 or somewhat less than 90 degrees depending on where you like the position of the grab handle. This is much easier than it sounds as basically just imagine the position you think is most comfortable to rest your hand on. I felt it most comfortable to have it tilting slightly towards the console and slightly forward for a comfortable grip. After bending, slide the end of the pipe into the seat bottom slot that houses the factory grab bar on the right side of the seat. Mark the two existing holes in the seat bottom onto the pipe. Drill these holes thru the pipe with a 11/32 bit and install the bent pipe with two 1-1/2 x 5/16" bolts and nuts. I put a soft foam bicycle grip on the pipe and it works great. The red button you see in the pictures is simply the plastic thread protector that came on the pipe. I left it on cause it looks good. If you don't have a pipe bender available you could use threaded elbows and 2 - 6 inch and one 8 or 9 inch sections of pipe and simply screw them together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
WORTHLES WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts