Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes when i come to a stop it's doesn't want to shift from L to H or N. But if i move the car or rock it, It will shift. And when i go to start it in N I'll have to play with the shifter for the N light to come on to crank it. Is there a adjustment on the cable to fix this?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it even when it's not running. So I'm sure it's not the idle, I'm guessing. thanks Hunter I'll try the rod

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Todd is right the neutral light is the rod adjustment. Especially when it is not running if you have to play with the shifter to get the N light so you can start it without holding the brake pedal down, definitely rod adjustment. If you have an 08 it is a lot easier to get to the rod ends you have to loosen the lock nuts on. On the 09 there is I think FI crap in the way of the top nut on the passenger side and the drivers side has the diff lock mechanism in the way.

As for the L to H etc, either the idle is to high, or you need to give it a tiny bit of gas to make sure it really is in H for instance coming from L, and you can hear it shift when you give a tiny bit of throttle, then it will pull to N no problem. I have had an 08 and an 09 and both of them are sometimes a little hard to get between L, H and N especially in 4x4 when there is a load on the system. (Like when you are on hard pack or rock with the wheels turned) A little throttle will probably help to get a shift change and make it easy to get to N.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i adjusted the rod all is good now. thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts