Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v been thinking about applying Thermo-Tec to the underside of the plastics over engine and under seats in addition to header wrap. Has anyone tried this approach? Results? Better idea? Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used heat sheild on the plastic and I wrapped the pipes. So far it seems to work great, I haven't been in 95 degree weather yet, but it seems alot better than before. I posted a heat tread a week before you did and everyone said wrap the pipes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I added heat shield to all the plastic, wrapped the pipes with muzzy exhuast wrap and and added 09 rubber to the engine. It seemed to make a big difference. Last trip out it was mid to upper 80's and it seemed to be alot cooler than before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
if anything wrappin will increase performance< the wrap keep the heat in the pipes instead of it radiating off, so now the internal air is hotter thus is moves faster. old school rule of thumb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what kind of damage have u heard? i"ve never heard that, i hope not, i'm fine so far. i actually double wrapped front portion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts