Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you running into heat issues, I am curious to know if you are running a windshield as well. Is it possible that a vacuum is created and actually just keep the hot air from the motor trapped in the cab?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heat issue

I am not sure if I am posting this right...this is my first forum...anyway, a few people mentioned taking the windshield off as a solution. Do you have 1/2 windshields?

I know that when we rode our first rhino in the mountains without any windshield, it created a vacuum that sucked the dirt into the center console. The windshield solved that problem for us. I was worried about having the same problem on the Teryx.

·
Registered
293 Posts
taking the windshield off got rid of my heat problems.having the roof and windshield on sucks in the dust.if you leave one off it doesnt do it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I solved the heat issue by removing the old insulation from underneath the center console and replaced it with some thicker heat shielding insulation. Then I cut up an old sign and mounted it on both sides of the engine under the seats toward the insides of the seats. Then under the metal i added more of the insulation.
This cut out almost all of the heat and made it a lot quieter in the cab. I will dig out my camera and post some pics.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I solved the heat issue by removing the old insulation from underneath the center console and replaced it with some thicker heat shielding insulation. Then I cut up an old sign and mounted it on both sides of the engine under the seats toward the insides of the seats. Then under the metal i added more of the insulation.
This cut out almost all of the heat and made it a lot quieter in the cab. I will dig out my camera and post some pics.
VERY cool! Looking forward to the pics, I was thinking of doing hte same thing with better heat insulation as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi,

Have you taken any pictures? My Teryx center console gets HOT and I'm considering applying some type of insulation to the insides of the housing...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi,

Have you taken any pictures? My Teryx center console gets HOT and I'm considering applying some type of insulation to the insides of the housing...
Before going to a lot of work, I'd do two simple things. Remove the winshield. Put 30 hours or so on the Teryx, it needs to get broke in. Those two things have pretty much ended my complaints with the heat. And believe me, at the very beginning, I felt it was nearly unrideable due to the heat....I mean it was HOT. At this point I don't intend to do any other mods related to heat.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Before going to a lot of work, I'd do two simple things. Remove the winshield. Put 30 hours or so on the Teryx, it needs to get broke in. Those two things have pretty much ended my complaints with the heat. And believe me, at the very beginning, I felt it was nearly unrideable due to the heat....I mean it was HOT. At this point I don't intend to do any other mods related to heat.
+1 I agree 100%.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have already exceeded 30 hours and removing the windshield *probably* won't help much as we ride slow in the mud and water. My leg tends to get hot and insulating the console seems to the best option...

On another note has anyone replaced the stock gas pedal with one allowing ones heel to rest on the floor board while driving?

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
2X has a bolt on kit around $30 or so. It works well, however I had gotten used to the stock pedal position and had to retrain my foot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you had any other issues after applying the extra insulation had a dealer tell me that it could cause problems to the motor because the heat needed to go somewhere

1 - 13 of 13 Posts