Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, great to have you with us :wave:

Where are you located? What kind of riding do you do? Any mods planned?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just starting

palmdale ca , mostly sand yeah planning on doing the 840 kit just want to know how reliable it is.. and is it really worth it

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you looking to do mods, Hunterworks has a really good article that provides a good order to follow... I can't seem to find the link at the moment, but once I do, I'll post it here, unless somebody else does first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ready

whats up grant ... im ready but theres so much stuff out there im confused:confused:
dont want to spend money i dont have to ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
whats up grant ... im ready but theres so much stuff out there im confused:confused:
dont want to spend money i dont have to ;)
I understand what you are saying, there is a ton of stuff outthere .

In my opiniomn you need to break your upgrades in 3 categories:

Safety.
These items would include Cage , seats , belts , doors .etc .

Performance
Suspension, Pipe, CDI, clutch , Intake, Big Bore , Tires and wheels

Cosmetics

Custom paint, Stereos , Lighting

Obviously some of these items bleed into multiple categories but you get the idea. If planned properly you can do these i stages without spending money twice and haveing very little riding downtime.

Lou , is the Teryx for you or your gorgeous wife ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
car

its my wifes but shes not scared of the throttle...:p i just painted it white put a candy lime green 4 seat cage and itp beadlocks ... she whants it faster so let me know were i go frrom here all i got is a cdi

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey I realy think that lights have as much safety importance as seats and harnesses cuz when the sun goes down at the dunes you wont be doing any thing but shooting the hill and camp hopping thats why seats harnesses and lights should come first if you like duning

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lights

i just placed my order for 5 4" hid eagle eyes for the top of the rex ur right you need light in the dunes i ordered 2 spots and 3 floods or should i change it

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Wire them with two one switch and three on one switch also add a volt meter and when you see your voltage start to drop cut the three off. Five is too much juice by themselves for the stock system to keep up. Three would be the max I would run very long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
charging

at how many volts should it be running at...im also running a oddyssey 925 i dont know if that helps

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Believe this or not, the smaller the battery the better for constant draw accessories like lights. People forget the battery takes power too and larger the battery the more current it needs so less for other items.

When it drops below 11v I would turn something off but not the engine!! LOL

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Maybe. That set up is for people who know they are running more stuff than the system can handle, they run their accessories off the second battery and know it will die at some point but they will still be able to start the engine with starting battery. You also should charge the second battery with a battery charger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts