Do you prefer the Carb vs Fuel Injection on T-Rex

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello to all the enthusiasts out there. My T-REX has blown me away, going into Mexico for a ride i will keep you posted and upload pics... Merry X mas, or should i say Feliz Navidad...

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, used to live in Chicago before I moved to AZ...I have to admit I miss the winters, does not even look or feel like the Christmas season here.

Hard for me to vote seeing as I have never owned a fuel injected version, put I would have to say that fuel injection definately would be nice!

Any mods on your Teryx yet?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dragonfire supposedly says they have an FI upgrade for the '08. But it's not on their site and I can't get a price out of him.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It was 10 degrees here in Manistee Michigan yesterday, my 08 loves this cold weather, the only problem is staying warm enough to ride and traction!:laugh:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah, I would be interested in knowing or hearing more about this FI upgrade, if and when it's available for purchase, as well as cost. lets hope DF chimes in on this to give us the scoop.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Really?./?./? can this be a valid poll? :confused: This time next year..FI will out number the carb'd 2 to 1. Of course majority is going to say carb'd...for now....
actually I think the carb'd will always be better for inside engine enhancements....just what I hear anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Carburetors have a fuel bowl that uses a float to regulate the fuel level. When you try to climb at a very steep angle, the fuel level gets out of control and the engine dies. Also, very rough roads will bounce the float causing the fuel level and consequently the mixture to change. Fuel injection also allows more radical cam timing (more HP) without rough idle, poor fuel economy, and less low RPM torque. Carbs cannot automatically adapt to altitude changes.

Like the man said, Carbs are a thing of the past.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
For right now they are the bomb, since there is not ignition/fuel controller for the EFI only a fuel controller.

I will bet most any of these carb Teryx will out run any EFI Teryx. EFI is really nice when you have the tools to set it up or a good company who will do it for you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ya the carburated makes more power but there is a reason why they are switching to EFI. I would perfer the EFI because it's way more reliable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts