Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I currently own a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak and a 2003 Polaris Trailblazer. I am in the market for a UTV to replace the Kodiak.

I would love to get the Teryx however I am concerned I may have problems getting around on some of the narow and tight trails in MN Northwoods. If anyone has experience with a Teryx on Minnesota ATV trails, please share the good the bad and the ugly!

My backup plan is to get a Poalris RZR.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the site scottz. When I went from an atv to a sxs I wondered the same thing due to the narrow trails I ride. Now I just lean toward the middle to avoid the slap from bushes in the narrow parts. I don't imagine you would see a great deal of differance on the trails (width wise) between a RZR and a Teryx, but you would notice the lack of ground clearance the RZR has if you have any rocks. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Buy the side by side the many more things that you can do with the Rex will way out number the few issues of a narrow trail, when I bought my first Rhino three weeks later I sold my Quad and have never missed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still haven't closed the deal on a Teryx yet, slow response from working with dealers online. I did however measure my truck ramps 46" wide and trailer ramps 49" and see I have a problem with the 58" wide Teryx =)

My trailer is a TritonTrailer ATV-168 (4place), I just ordered a side saddle kit which reenforces the ramp and allows me to mount it sideways for a width of about 62". Hopefully it will handle 1600lbs+

I will worry about the truck ramps after I purchase the Teryx.
Until then, time to go riding near Duluth, MN for 4 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts