Teryx HQ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: Just wanted to say hello. Ive downsized from a sandcar to the Teryx, so its going to take alot more power to get me excited!! Ive done the four seat app, whith roll bar, mirrors, grab bars, rims and tires, roof, crow belts, cdi box. If anyone has one from AZ, talk to me. I went up north to the Cinders in Flagg, on the fourth, and it ran like crap. I felf like I was riding a golf cart. I really feel like we got robbed by not having fuel injection. I hate to bring it up, but I just saw pics of Arctic Cats new Prowler 1000. It's a 950 V-twin with FUEL INJECTION. Looks like someone did there homework!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey bud, appreciate the info about dial a jet. Im going to check into that. I bought my teryx at JetSki Unlimited, Yah it started as a jet ski place, but I think they have more Teryxs than anyone else. The last time i went there, They had about 10, and 4 of them had LONG TRAVEL kits all done up with paint jobs. I did all my ordering from KEnny, Im not sure who he used for powdercoat, but its the perfect color, its looks awesome. Tell him Rodney sent ya over.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey welcome to the site glad you are here. I live up north in Chino Valley and mine runs fine up here. Looks like you have a pretty nice toy going there. Look forward to seeing you around here often. If you ever get up to the Prescott area give me a call and lets ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
HEY THERE!!!! I WAS AT THE CINDERS ALSO FOR THE FOURTH BUT DID NOT SEE YOU. I ONLY SAW ONE OTHER TERYX. MINE RAN LIKE A CHAMP. THE ONLY THING THAT COULD KEEP UP WITH ME WAS MY COUSINS 60HP RHINO, WELL ACTUALLY HE SPANKED ME.:mad::mad::mad: ANYWAYS, I REALLY SUGGEST TODD'S AIR BOX AND CARB MOD KIT FROM HUNTERWORKS. WHAT TYPE OF INTAKE WERE YOU RUNNING AND WHAT OCTANE?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Cheapest bang for your buck is to unplug the exhaust. Removing some guts and a bigger tip on the end is good for 5% + more power and costs less than $50. Muzzy makes a great looking X style dual exhaust.
Check out the stock bore kits from Ray at Fundy (FPS), Mickey at FST, Flynts Custom Performace and AMR to name a few. Some good 840cc kits out there too.
Kawi motor is very detuned so its easy to get a lot more hp out of it with some good pistons longer duration cams and a little porting. Stock bore kits is supposed to make more hp than bigger kits unless you go with bigger carbs.
Nice looking machine. Who made the 4 person cage?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEY THERE!!!! Well what the hell!! how did we miss each other? Everything is stock on mine except the Dynatek ignition. I havnt done any motor work/ intake/ exhaust yet, because of to many choices and conflictiing opinions. I want to see a little more R&D. I was told to try the dial a jet. do you no anyone with one? The whole carb/intake seems like such a tempormental mess. I really like the person who put a set of 39mm FCR carbs on it. resolving all the issues! 602-332-0529 Rodney

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Doug. Thanks for the info. I was reading about the big bore kits from DFR, and it seems the 800 has more hp than the 840. the 800 race that is. Did you see the Arctic CAt? Im a little jealous!! Ps. Kenny down at JetSki Unlimited in DeerValley had everything done for me. I really love the Cage. It has just the right amount of down slope look to it. Great angles Excelllent welds, very nice cage. Tell him Rodney sent you if anyone is interested.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there my friend, great to have you with us! :wave:

Nice looking machine you have there!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nice Ride!
Love the seats and roll cage - pretty much the exact set up I have been looking for. Roll cage has nice fit and finish to it. Who built the cage do you know or you just bought it all set up? How's the Dynatek working? Is it programmable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts