Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bought a Teryx4 and I joined this forum to help get ideas for roofs, radio installs, lights winches etc. I have never joined a forum before so forgive me as I am trying to figure everything out. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New Also and Roof Idea

Hi everyone I am another new guy here. I have 2008 Teryx that I purchased used and have been exploring the dirt roads in Nevada, Silver Springs area. My wife and I enjoy being out in nature. My wife can't get around because of a bad hip so figured that this would be a good way to still get out in the back country.

As far a new roof I took the measurements of the top of my roll bar. Then I took a piece of cardboard and traced out the curve on the front and had a metal shop bend and aluminum roof for me for $80.00 including the material. You can also get it done in diamond plate but they were out at the time. The roofs on the internet were anywhere from $300 to $400 so think this was a good deal. But the guy that had this Teryx before me put a hood of a car on the top for a roof. :)

·
383 Posts
Now that you haver built your own roof, you can use the car hood as a skid plate. :laugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I grew up in Montana and it was quiet common to see someone use a car hood for a sled on those snowy winter mountains. I think it might be a little dangerous but it sure looked like fun watching the young peopel speed down the mountain side. Sometimes there would four or five people riding. But don't think it will get much use where I live unless I can slid down a sand dune on it. HA

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I can see it now. Guy comes out of WalMart and says "Hey where's the hood of my 'stang":laugh:

Never thought of using one for a tobogan or a Teryx Roof till now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts