Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, from Fort McMurray Alberta Canada. I have a 2008 Teryx, love the machine, it is totally stock for now. But I am sure with your help it wont be for long

Kevin

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome Morkable, there are a few of us on here now. Me, Junior for sure and possibly another I can't recall for sure.

Where ya been riding???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live out at Gregoire Lake Estates, so far that has been the extent of my riding. This is my first quad of any sort, so it is still a learning adventure for me.. I did manage to get it very stuck this summer already though,,so bad my 4000# winch wouldnt even move me anymore..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cool, I am still awaiting my winch lol. I have only had mine on two runs so far since I got it on the 4th. I have been around quads and stuff my whole life and I fab alot of stuff up so if you need any help let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought mine allmost a year ago, but my time has been really taken up with my truck (I have a race truck) which soaks up alot of my time/money.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah I hear ya, this Teryx is one of many projects I have on the go right now. At least it is useable right now lol. I just ordered my pipe bender so I can get to work on my cage and a few other goodies soon :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was out at Saprae but now I am downtown. I might have to swing out there for a run, the trails around here are so rough and wet. I don't mind the mud but sometimes a nice easy run is cool, no cleaning or very little haha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We almost bought out at saprae, but the deal fell through. A person could take a jaunt out to stoney mountain from here, it is supposed to be a nice ride. I havent really gone anywheres yet

·
Registered
235 Posts
I havent been out there during the summer, we have gone sledding there in the winter though. Isn't it all muskeg, thats a no go for me until the winch shows up LOL. What are the trails like out at gregoire?

The GF and I went for a ride yesterday out around rotary park and I tell ya, most of the time I felt like I was rock climbing due to all the deep crevasses. All those stolen burnt trucks make a mess when they go down there. I was teetering on two tires more than once yesterday lol, at least it wasn't to muddy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The few trails I have taken were ok... but I did manage to bury my unit real good. But I wont go back there,, LOL... my neighbor and another fellow went out with there RZR's towards stoney mountain, they were gone for a few hours and didnt come back much dirtier than what they started, havent had a chance to ask him how the ride went.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That sounds good! I can't wait for this damn winch, I hate looking and thinking "nope better not" LOL. It looks like the weather is going to co operate over the next couple weeks so I may be in luck for a bit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice to hear from Alberta boys, I'm from Clairmont, just outside of Grande Prairie. My kids and i go riding every couple of days and they love the teryx.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would love to go for a ride,, but it depends if I get my buddies truck done or not,, we are changing the head on it right now... if you would like pop on out,, I live at #23 gregoire lake estates... Ill be home,, hopefully we will be able to tie it all up reasonably early.. worst case scenario get a chance to visit...

Freddy,, I am from GP also,, living in Ft Mac now,, still own land just accross the lake from Clairmont...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts