Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well got some mods done. Venom 3000HD winch, Aluminum roof, Half windshield, HID headlights, Harness bar and Simpson 4 point harnesses, Aluminum skids, and my stereo installed. Also added a Tool box from tractor supply.

Put 135 miles on it at Windrock over Memorial day weekend and was very happy with the ride.

·
Registered
604 Posts
what kind of stereo do you have?i live in pikeville ky//were kinda neighbors!did you get a good deal on the black one?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what kind of stereo do you have?i live in pikeville ky//were kinda neighbors!did you get a good deal on the black one?
:wave:Hey Neighbor.

I have a Pyle 240 watt 2 channel amp, and Pyle 6 1/2" speakers run to an Ipod.

I paid $9800 with cup holders installed for the Teryx.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the site:wave: I have rode at the HatfieldMCcoy riding area. Love the area. I would love to get everybody in the general area together for a big ride. Every newbie to our sport is a pleasent welcome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It would be cool to get everyone together for a ride. Me and a group of buddies are heading to Brimstone July 9-11 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would be great to ride with some Teryx guys. Went on a large group ride at Windrock a few weeks ago. About 40 machines. I was the only Teryx. All RZR's and Rhinos. 2 Ranger XP's. LOL

I'd be glad to show you guys some WV trails sometime. I never ride the Hatfield/ McCoys trails. Too many others that are closer to me.

I also would like to get in on some info on this 840 kit I have been reading about. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saying Hey From Clarksburg WV, to all u that own a Teryx. I love my 2010 camo le...

Looking to buy a 5000 lb venom for my teryx. I was wondering how hard are winches to install... If anyone would let me know, I would thank you very much.... $269.00 with free shipping.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking to buy a 5000 lb venom for my teryx. I was wondering how hard are winches to install... If anyone would let me know, I would thank you very much.... $269.00 with free shipping.
Not hard at all. Remove your bumper cover and front bumper. Install winch on mounting plate and then mounting plate on machine. It bolts right up. A little tricky getting the nuts on the bolts of the mounting plate. Just be patient. Then mount the solenoid contactor under the hood in a desired location. Run the short wires to the contactor and the long wires to the battery. Be careful not to hit your wrench on the metal around the battery and ground it out while your connecting the cables. The sparks will fly! Put bumper back on before you install the fairlead and hook. after all that put the bumper cover back on. Now run the switch wires per instructions. I spliced into my 12V acc plug for power. Thats it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks WVyankee2. Do you think I made a wise choice on the venom 5000? I ordered the venom today. Can't wait to get started on the install... I will just take my time. Under the hood, where should I mount the seleniod? Or are the directions pretty good directions... When you spliced into the ACC you have power to the winch as soon as you turn on the key. Can you explain how you spliced into the acc? Thanks again WVyankee... Hope to hear from you soon. UPS ground, I don't expect my venom till probably Monday... I would like to see it on Saturday, but not getting my hopes up... LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
We ride at 5 points alot in Wallace. Have you ever been there? Unreal riding... If you have never been there. UTUBE 5 points wallace WV. Memorial Day... Unreal... A little crazy this year... 5 life flights out of 5 points...

·
Registered
18 Posts
WVyankee2 is correct about easy install. My Son and I installed ours in about 2hrs. Only problem is when we went out and needed it the pos battery ran dead quick maybe just a bad battery but got a new optima and works great now. Good Luck with install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks WVyankee2. Do you think I made a wise choice on the venom 5000? I ordered the venom today. Can't wait to get started on the install... I will just take my time. Under the hood, where should I mount the seleniod? Or are the directions pretty good directions... When you spliced into the ACC you have power to the winch as soon as you turn on the key. Can you explain how you spliced into the acc? Thanks again WVyankee... Hope to hear from you soon. UPS ground, I don't expect my venom till probably Monday... I would like to see it on Saturday, but not getting my hopes up... LOL
Good choice of Winch. Mount the soleniod under the hood wherever you think is best for you. You can bolt it to the firewall. If you hook up an inline fuse you can attach the switch power wires to the solenoid for power.

We ride at 5 points alot in Wallace. Have you ever been there? Unreal riding... If you have never been there. UTUBE 5 points wallace WV. Memorial Day... Unreal... A little crazy this year... 5 life flights out of 5 points...
Never rode at Wallace. Wheres it close to?

WVyankee2 is correct about easy install. My Son and I installed ours in about 2hrs. Only problem is when we went out and needed it the pos battery ran dead quick maybe just a bad battery but got a new optima and works great now. Good Luck with install.

Yep, the Teryx battery is weak. Only a 14ah battery. A 5000 pound winch will drain it in a hurry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts