Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie from Manitoba,Canada. Brand spanking new machine (2010) black beast as of about three wks ago. Love the SxS. She did her first Derby last weekend and preformed like a champ. Couldn't enter UMCA mudraces because she is still pretty stock and the water was DEEP!. Glad to see there are other Teryx owners that are as crazy about their rides as I am.
New to Kawi and the teryx so any suggestions or ideas (especially you 2010 owners harder to find info). Would be greatly appreciated. In the very near future looking at Mud industries snorkle, K&N, MSD (I think) and Muzzy to name a few. BBK will be later.

"Infected by the MAD KAW" author Mudforce:NOS:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Nozzelweed...

Where you buy your machine from... Main Motor Sports?

As for suggestions, I think your on the right track. I just put my Muzzy's & MSD on Last week, and WOW. Makes a great difference. Check out Hunterworks. Their pretty reasonably priced and really helpful. Todd from Hunterworks is a really good contributer to this sight.

From everything I've read here over the last couple of weeks, a Dalton clutch kit is the right one. I unfortunately have already ordered an EPI, (got a real good deal in Ashern).

As for a Snorkel, don't buy one. There are tones of good plans here. Check out the tread "Belt Housing Snorkel". The shopping list is even there.

Other than that, I suggest a light bar, if you plan on riding in the dark at all. The stock lights are crap. I got mine from UM racing online. The HID lights were the cheep est I could find.

So, Where do you ride?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Nozzelweed...

Where you buy your machine from... Main Motor Sports?

As for suggestions, I think your on the right track. I just put my Muzzy's & MSD on Last week, and WOW. Makes a great difference. Check out Hunterworks. Their pretty reasonably priced and really helpful. Todd from Hunterworks is a really good contributer to this sight.

From everything I've read here over the last couple of weeks, a Dalton clutch kit is the right one. I unfortunately have already ordered an EPI, (got a real good deal in Ashern).

As for a Snorkel, don't buy one. There are tones of good plans here. Check out the tread "Belt Housing Snorkel". The shopping list is even there.

Other than that, I suggest a light bar, if you plan on riding in the dark at all. The stock lights are crap. I got mine from UM racing online. The HID lights were the cheep est I could find.

So, Where do you ride?
Live in St. Malo ride usually Woodridge,Piney and locally of course. Trail pretty much starts in my backyard. LOL.
Bought my machine from Adventure Power Products in Ile De Chene. New dealership. Great bunch of guys to deal with. Really low pressure sales approach.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cool. I've never ridden around there. I hang out in the northern Interlake area around Ashern.

I got my Machine from Elie, Swen's Small Engines. Pretty good guy there too. Got a pretty good deal. I've tried to shop at the one in the City, but they don't seem to want my business for some reason. lol

Congrats on the new toy, you'll love it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the site :wave:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the site man, sounds like your well on your way to a Teryx addiction. Not sure where your priority is but if you want performance the first 2 buys should be Muzzy and MSD, what ever yoiu do buy the MSD from a dealer that has proven maps even if you have to pay a few dollars more you can't beat Todd at Hunterworks for the MSD proven results, as for your filter most of the dealer try to steer you away from the K&N they push the UNI type filters, most of them sell a kit that has a billet adapter for your air box that gives you a much better seal for the filter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the site man, sounds like your well on your way to a Teryx addiction. Not sure where your priority is but if you want performance the first 2 buys should be Muzzy and MSD, what ever yoiu do buy the MSD from a dealer that has proven maps even if you have to pay a few dollars more you can't beat Todd at Hunterworks for the MSD proven results, as for your filter most of the dealer try to steer you away from the K&N they push the UNI type filters, most of them sell a kit that has a billet adapter for your air box that gives you a much better seal for the filter.
Thanks BDaddy
Hunterworks seems to be getting good reviews. I know I've watched some of his install videos. I know the clutch belt inspection video which I don't fully comprehend yet. Came of a Po quad. Not too many worries with clutches there. The whole Belt deflection business is news to me. Form what I understand at 15 hrs which is what i have on it now I should be looking at that from what I understand. My assumption belt stretches when new.
So from what I'm hearing a lot of you deal directly with Site vendors? Correct?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. I've never ridden around there. I hang out in the northern Interlake area around Ashern.

I got my Machine from Elie, Swen's Small Engines. Pretty good guy there too. Got a pretty good deal. I've tried to shop at the one in the City, but they don't seem to want my business for some reason. lol

Congrats on the new toy, you'll love it.
Thanks,

My bro lives in Winnipeg Beach. If I head out that way I'll PM ya to see if we can hook up for a ride if you want. Any good trails out there in the winter months? I know we have a river run here during the winter which is really nice. Anything like that out your way?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the site. Some site vendors are good, some well you know. Anyway there is one thing for sure. You cant go wrong if you go with Todd from Hunterworks. If you have any problems with something you buy from huterworks, they will be there to answer the phone, not like some of the others.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
4X4 is right you can't go wrong with Todd at Hunterworks, when I bought my 2006 Rhino and I done a search for most after market parts he was the first one to pop up so thats where I started buying, what I have always liked about Todd is he always has time to talk to you no matter what and I trust him, but for the most part all of the venders on this forum has been first class and I have nothing but good thing to say about the ones I have dealt with like Steve at Dasa and Endi at Side x Side, I am just impressed at the time most of these guys spend trying to help customers and to me being in the retail tire business thats why it is important when a vender or company really treats you right and goes the extra mile get on these forums and tell everybody and again like I said for the most part I have heard nothing but good things to say about the venders on this site and I can't say that about some of the other forums if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BDaddy,

Had a chance to speak with the Hunterworks guy and he was really helpful. Haven't even bought anything yet and spent the time answering a few of my newbie questions about clutching and belt deflection which I now get to learn. Good no frills instruction. The kind I need LOL so I don't get confused. Got the oil changed last night and found out where all the Mud goes lol. That was an experience. Had trouble finding the oil filter.

:NOS:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've never ridden around Winnipeg Beach before. I normally leave my machine up North, but I've got it in town right now for some upgrades and maintenance.

As for trails, there's tones in the Interlake area. Once there's enough snow they are groomed for sleds though. They kind of frown on sharing the trails with quads.

I've never been on a river run before either. Sounds like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll make sure I send ya PM next time there is one scheduled for winter. Usually a good time. They post them on Trackshare.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts